Hi everyone. I just came back from spending 7 nights on Palm Island in mid-May, and wanted to recount the wonderful experience to anyone who is still deciding on their next trip. I had made the reservations for me and my wife, as a wedding anniversary surprise, and it was only after the confirmation had come through, that i bothered to check and noticed the mixed-comments on this site. As you can imagine, i was more than a little worried.
Let me re-assure you all, there was nothing to be worried about. The minute that we arrived off the boat from Union Island, we were greeted like we were arriving back home to our own private retreat. The room that we were staying in was always kept clean, and stocked up with drinks...and offered a gloious view of the ocean.
The staff on the island have obviously been well trained, because although they seem to be there when you want something...yet they don't crowd the couples who are obviously there to enjoy a romantic getaway. As well as this, I thought the food and drinks were fantastic...and they really went out of their way to try and find new things for my wife to eat (she's a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish).
And above all else, the island itself is simply breathtaking. The ocean is as clear as crystal, and the small number of rooms on the resort really maintains the sense of privacy and adventure, of being able to explore you own 'hidden' unspoilt piece of nature (but with all the creature comforts at the end of the day).
All in all, I would definitely recommend this to any couple who are seeking some time away for 'just the two of us', in a relaxing and simply beautiful caribbean atmosphere.
(N.B. also worth noting was that there was a certain peace of mind knowing that there is a doctor who lives on the island, in fact, he was all of some 300 yards away; in case something went wrong. Nothing did, thank goodness, but it was nice knowing that if it had, we wouldn't have had to wait till we got off the island in order to get medical attention).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island