I really cannot find the words to describe Palm Island, it was by far the best holiday we have had in the Carribean.
On arrival at Union Island (after a hair raising internal flight! I am not good flyer at the best of times!), a little golf buggy collects you and whisks you to the hotels own boat to hop across to Palm Island where you are met by the management with a rum punch! No check in until the morning which is great.
We had a beachfront room (no 15) and it was lovely, the air con was absolutely fine but the lightiing in the bathroom was a bit dim...oh well - who needs make up when you have a tan!
The food and drink were delicious, and the staff are ALL fantastic. The bar staff know what you're drinking before you do! (thank you Johnny, Margaret and the wonderful Anthony!). Watch out for George the HUGE iguana that visits you in the Royal Palm restaurant..he is lovely once you get to know him...!
We had a picnic (hammock number 3 - the best one) which was worth every penny, and also dinner near the heart tree (so romantic - thank you Ianti), we used the bikes daily and the spa was small but perfectly formed. The gym is basic, but we were the only ones in it for the whole time we were there!
We did book a private charter with Yannis ($750!!!) which was a bit of a disaster, as it was late, an unfinished boat, no food or drink on board etc etc BUT the Yannis management and Chris the resort manager refunded the trip in full with no questions so I cannot complain. I am certain that this was a one off bad experiance, and those who went on the day charter ($95) had a great time.
We really can find little to fault about Palm Island - I wish they would tidy up the rest of the island a bit as it looks quite unloved in some areas, but the resort itself was immaculate and the new manager (Chris) is outstanding - clearly well trained, ambitious and experianced and my gut feeling is that any little issues will be quickly sorted out (he has promised new lighting in the bathrooms so I am going to have to go back to check!)
We will definately return, and hope that it doesn't really change as this Palm paradise is perfect just the way it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island