We had been scheduled by Elite the Palm Island booking agency for seven nights and were to leave on Friday, May 23, 2014 To our surprise when we attempted to print our Jet Blue tickets, we found the first leg of our flight had been cancelled and we had been rescheduled for another departure date not of our choosing. We were unable to reach anyone at Elite until the following morning, even though we left an emergency voice mail call back message Thursday night. When reached Elite only offered booking leaving the following Monday which was Labor Day. We asked that we not be rebooked on Jet Blue and we were told we had no choice other than to fly Jet Blue. The rebooking also required us to lay over one night in Barbados.
Upon arrival we soon discovered the extensive travel required to get to Palm Island was not worth the time and money spent to do so. By the third day we were ready to leave. The food quality was not good. I am a vegetarian; however, I do eat fish. Trash fish such as Barracuda, and especially Dorado was frequently served. Food was generally over cooked, too salty, and menus were redundant. The bread served tasted stale and processed. Even dessert was unappealing, I do not consider cheese and crackers a dessert. Music constantly played in all dining and bars areas often reggae radio music.
Our room was an ocean view Seagrape Suite which was quiet and roomy. Housekeeping was excellent thanks to superior Housekeeping Manager Sandrina who was always present to address any problem or request. No room phone therefore if you needed a service you had to go to the manager’s office. Wi-Fi was limited to the reception area. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant.
The beach and sea floor was rocky and the waves were usually too high for a leisurely swim, which made the pool the only alternative.
We did visit the Palm Island land turtle sanctuary. Much to our dismay the sanctuary consisted of a small wooden enclosure with no food or water for the three turtles observed one of which was attempting to climb out of the box.
When we departed on June 2, 2014, after passing through customs at JFK Airport and attempted to recheck our bags with Jet Blue for our flight home we were told that it had been cancelled. Consequently we waited for hours for Jet Blue to book us in a second rate motel in a smoking room.
Obviously I will no longer be booking any travel with the Elite Island Resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island