Visited November'13. I had gone to the Grenadines in 2001 but not Palm Island. But from our boat it looked fantastic. I always promised myself I would go back. For my Partners 60th I booked the holiday to Palm Island. We stayed in Barbados the first night of our Holiday. It all started well being met on the Jetty by the Management was a nice touch. Our room was beautiful looking straight out to the beach/Sea with a lovely patio and Loungers. The resort is really let down by the food its 4.5 but the food isn't. The Chef was lovely but he can only cook what he is given. The BBCue we had on the second day consisted of pieces chicken in a sauce boiled veg, fish (one kind) three different salads and a Joint of beef that was sliced for you (cold although it was suppose to be hot) it had three different sweets but there wasn't much of them left when we had ours. The breakfast was tasteless we had a better breakfast at the 3* hotel in Barbados. The bread was horrible and there was so little butter I had to keep asking for more. It felt like we were being rationed. Afternoon tea must be the worse I have ever had anywhere. To cap it all off the birds at breakfast were such a nusance you couldn't sit down until staff had cleaned the seats. When we left we talked to other couples who felt the same and wouldn't go back. Such a shame because it has so much going for it. The final thing the fight back was really late picking us up from Union Island we were there from 10.30 till 3.30 in the afternoon which made it such a rush getting to our plane. Its not what I want from a Holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island