The beaches, water and sunsets are SO beautiful. IF you love these you are in luck but if you want other things to do that do not revolve around the ocean this is NOT the place for you. There is not much else to do that isn't water related. We loved it!!!! The accommodations were pretty(no phone or TV), great, friendly staff, good food. A visit to resident artist, Patrick Chevailler, who is world-renowned for his oil paintings of underwater life, is worth the walk. It's a very short stroll from the resort. His studio is in his home and his paintings are as if you're in the water face to face with the subject matter. There are many very large iguanas on the island that are good photo subjects. On the down side, be aware that they spray for mosquitos daily which is a necessity I'm sure but unpleasant to breath. As for Happy Island between Union Island and Palm Island don't bother. We had seen it on No Reservations on the Travel Channel and thought we HAD to visit. The idea is awesome, bar very cool but got the impression that Janti is laughing at the stupid tourists who pay expensive price for rum punch that tastes like the garbage you can buy at the store with very little rum in it--just didn't feel it. We have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and he was one of the most disingenuous people we've met. Overall, we loved this resort and the people on the island so put on those flipflops, lose your watch(you're on island time now) and enjoy the gorgeous sunsets and the beautiful smiles of the sweet people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island