“Lovely stay, lovely people!”
Review of Invershin Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Invershin
Invershin Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Invershin
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My friend and I were supposed to be staying at the castle/hostel across the river, but since it had suffered winter weather damage, they rebooked us at the Invershin Hotel. Honestly, I couldn't be happier that they did so! The place is cozy and comfortable, and we immediately felt at home. Our room, with two twin beds, was very nice. Wifi worked everywhere there. Cheryl and Angus were so welcoming, and Sonny the dog was a sweetheart. We spent alot of time in the attached pub, having some excellent cask-conditioned ale and a wee dram or two. One night, I came down to the sitting area in my jammies...couldn't sleep. Was sitting there, petting Sonny, when Cheryl came in. "Come to the pub", she said, "There's a man who just brought in his accordian and he's going to play for us!". "In my pajamas??", I asked. She responded, "No one will notice...come on!". So I did. And it was magic! Although we were originally booked for 3 nights, we added a day...so much to see around there! I will definitely return! Oh, and I had the best lobster dinner of my life in their wee pub!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
invershin h, Owner at Invershin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thankyou so much for your lovely review and for taking the time to post some pics on the page. We are delighted that you had such a great time and would love to see you back to visit us again one day!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Came up to Invershin by myself to attend the Invercharron Highland Games. Angus and Cheryl were great hosts. The room was great, the food was great, and you couldn't spend time in the bar without meeting great people whether locals or guests, and having the time of your life. I would...no I will return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 5 nights at the Invershin Hotel and we loved every moment. It was a golf holiday for myself, my wife and my son (and Max the dog) and we chose the Invershin as it is a great base to play some excellent links courses (Royal Dornoch, Golspie, Tain etc) plus a great wee nine hole parkland course, Bonnar Bridge, which is only 2 miles or so from the hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly by the owners, Angus and Cheryl, who treated us so well in every way. Great fresh food cooked by Angus, a friendly wee bar with good craic at night with the locals and guests from every corner of the globe. We also loved our en suite room which, in contrast to the traditional decor of the hotel bar and conservatory etc , we found it to be very contemporary with modern facilities such as TV/DVD/IPOD docking station. This wee hotel is a fantastic find and we are already planning another trip later this year. It's rare that when we are on holiday we are sad to leave but this was definitely the case here. The owners could write a book on delivering excellence in customer service!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here on a work trip and thought it was so special I had to leave a quick review.

Great hosts, great room - recently done up with a lovely en-suite and in a great part of the country.

I stay in hotels a lot with my job and I have to say this is by far the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and definately the warmest welcome.

I will be visiting again, either for work or play!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I visited with a large group of people who took over all the hotel accommodation and camping space at the back of the hotel. Our welcome was probably one of the warmest I've had in a long time. Nothing was a problem for the new owners of this fantastically located hotel.

The room I stayed in, like all the others in the hotel, had been renovated to a very good standard in the last 4 months. All of the usual features you'd expect including free wi-fi (this might only be in the bar and main lobby areas, I didn't try it in the room so I'm not sure).

The hotel has plenty of space to relax in the main lobby and breakfast area. There is also a moderately sided function room that we had our work meetings in and a ceilidh on the Friday night. The owners organised a great local band for us and they appear to be a regular feature at the hotel.

The bar is attached to the hotel and has a log fire, nice cosy seating and a very welcoming reception. There is regular traditional music in the bar too.

The local area has plenty to offer. We were there to explore the local mountains, ancient woodlands and natural environment. And there is plenty of this to offer within walking, cycling, train or taxi distance of the hotel steps. It would be a great place to explore the coast from too.

To can get to the hotel by car within about 45 mins from Inverness but you can also get a train to Invershin train stop too. Two members of our party did this and didn't have any problems. Do check the up to date local timetables though.

All in all I thought this was a fantastic wee hotel with great staff and in a beautiful part of Scotland. I'll be going back.

Room Tip: Rm 16: loads of space, ensuite & lovely view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We've just got back from our second stay at the Invershin Hotel and yet again, a fantastic trip! The hotel took on a different feel from last time now there's lots of snow on the ground with lovely log fires and the cosy Snug. We've also fallen in love with the new addition to the Invershin family.....Sonny the Golden Retriever!

Roll on June for our third visit when Stephen will be Salmon fishing and I'll be cuddling up with Sonny with a good trashy novel!

Love to Cheryl and Angus. See you soon x

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I was introduced to the hotel back in the early 1970's by a young, beautiful, local, trainee nurse - hello Betty if you ever read this - her brother worked in the bar and her dad had a local farm ( I digress ). The welcome not only to myself but others were afforded as strangers could not have been bettered. I'm more than pleased to read from the reviews that this has not altered. Indeed it seems as though it has been more finely tuned. My best wishes for continuing good business.
From: Gerry Morrison
email: mrgerrym.54@googlemail.com

• Stayed: April 2010
invershin, Owner at Invershin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your comments, we hope to see you at the Invershin sometime this year then...the fire will be lit and we'll have a pint waiting for you at the bar!

Kind regards

Angus and Cheryl

Also consider these accommodations in or near Invershin
Lairg Highland Hotel
Dunroamin Hotel
Dunroamin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardgay
Mansfield Castle Hotel

Been to Invershin Hotel? Share your experiences!