“Individual. Quiet, clean with good facilities. Friendly helpful staff and excellent food.”
Review of The Loco

The Loco
and 1 more site!
The Loco
Ranked #2 of 2 Haxey B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Stayed here for a week April 2011. I stay away around 30 weeks a year nationally. Normally in chain hotels. This was closer (15 mins) to Gainsborough and better value. Not formulaic as the chains are. Really good food at good prices, good bar, flexible and amiable staff. Amicable locals. Room (single) smaller than the chains but good facilities (LCD TV with DVD/ divx/ freeview/ radio & decent wifi ), coffee & tea and a good shower. Spotlessly clean and a comfortable firm double bed. Bar downstairs with sports TV and occasional event nights is not detectable upstairs. Food is done to a great standard with a speciality indian menu or tradional british pub fare. Nothing seems to be too much trouble if you want a variation. The breakfast menu is flexible and good quality.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank herbertpug

Reviewed May 30, 2010

a good value place to stay. well presented dinning and bar area. rooms a little on the small side but very clean, modern, quiet and fit for purpose.
more toiletries ie shower gel and shampoo would have been nice.
great hosts, nothing to much bother, very helpfull. food great,
would stay again

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

You must stay here to experience it, modern, clean, food good, nothing too much trouble for the landlord / landlady, located very well for golf courses , local weslian town of Epworth, easy reach of Doncaster 12ml, Scunthorpe 15ml, or gainsborough 10ml.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2009

we stayed for 2 nights.Rooms are small but very modern.Bathrooms are stylish,4star at least.Owners and staff are so welcoming and the food is wonderful.I,ve never written a review before but this place deserves a good one.ps free wi.fi in every room

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treehouseshires
Reviewed May 3, 2009

From the time we booked to the time we left Karen and Ziggy made us feel like we had been going there for years, The food was excellent the portions huge and a nice wine list as well as a selection of real ales, we will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyone66
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I came to Haxey to visit with some friends that I haven't seen in years. My friends told me about the Loco and how great a pub/Inn it was.They booked 3 nights for me and my husband in room 1.

I was so impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms and how accomodating and kind the landlord was to me. On the second day of our stay, in the early morning when I was feeling bad with a headache, Zig, the owner, drove to the shop to pick up some painkillers for me. What service!!!! You dont get that caring attitude much these days. Both Zig and Karen were so kind and their food was ggggreat! Nothing was too much trouble, even for my husband who is so fussy with his food was impressed.

I would definately recommend the Loco to anyone and you can bet that we will be returning back when our next holiday is due.

Thanks again for a great stay!
Jess

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank umzadi
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I stay at the Loco a lot, and I have to say it is always a pleasure. It is a good english pub, with a wide selection of beers and ales and the most bizarre piece of furniture I have ever seen. Right in the middle of the bar is the front 10ft of a steam locamotive engine - hence the name I guess.

The food in the restaurant is great, there are 2 menus, an indian menu prepared by the hotel owner - superb curries and tikkas! There is also a traditional english menu, which has all the usual stuff.

The rooms are small but brilliantly appointed, air conditioning, flat screen TV, desk, wardrobe, tea / coffee making facilities / power shower.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lipschick

Been to The Loco? Share your experiences!