“"Fantastic Venue For Wedding"”
Review of Corick House

Corick House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clogher
Belfast, United Kingdom
“"Fantastic Venue For Wedding"”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We got married on the 18th September 2010 in Corick House. It was a great day and everything went exacty to plan. The food was excellent and everyone was offered seconds if they wanted it. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and a special thanks to Sinead and Avril for looking after us on the build up to and on our special day.

The new extension and grounds to Corick House are excellent and is ideal for photos what ever the weather. Everyone was commenting on the beauty of the hotel and the grounds.

Thanks again to Corick House for a great day.

• Stayed September 2010
reservationsclogher, Owner at Corick House, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your lovely review relating to your Wedding Reception here at Corick House. We love to hear that we have made a difference to your Day and that we are getting standards and quality of service right.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Corick House and wish you both every happiness for your future together.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We married in Corick on 06 May, 2010. The contact with staff was excellent beforehand- every detail of our wedding was taken care of, and staff were always happy and helpful.
We decided to have the ceremony at Corick as well, and Corick helped with every small detail or pointed out things we hadn't considered, and obliged every request, Avril making several suggestions to tie everything in together. Choosing our room was hard out of the two bridal suites on offer- we opted for a room with a four-poster bed, and it was fantastic.
The setting is stunning- I have been in Corick before, and the new-built addition was complete for our wedding day, and is a complimentary attribute, very well suited in the grounds, which have been wonderfully done.
Throughout our day, Avril and other members of staff continually came up asking if we needed or wanted anything throughout the day. The meal was amazing, with cupcakes from a local cakemaker Lynn Winslow in place of a wedding cake, and everyone was offered extra portions.
Many of the staff commented on my dress- while although I was a different bride in green- it was very sweet of them, as I'm sure they've seen more than a few brides!
Staff were more than willing to help out with all the extra details, and pricing was very upfront- unlike other venues we had looked at, with hidden charges, Corick fully discussed everything with us.
I would definitely recommend, and I'm sure there's lots that isn't mentioned in my review, as the day was perfect in so many ways.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank NatalieStewart
reservationsclogher, Owner at Corick House, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Many thanks for your very kind comments on our service to you for your wedding reception arrangements.

Your feedback is much appreciated by us. It helps us to ensure that we are maintaining our promise to you.

Our very best wishes go out to you both for your future together and I look forward to welcoming you back to Corick House Hotel in the near future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Staff are cheerful & helpful, the room was absolutely perfect. The setting for Corick House is stunning and peaceful. Plenty to do & see in the area.
Food fantastic, wonderfully comfy beds. Wonderful warm welcome from Proprietor.
The next best thing to staying in a Stately Home. Will be back soon

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Many thanks and we are always happy to welcome you back to Corick House Hotel.

Your comments are most welcome to us and I appreciate you taking the time to put an entry on TA.

The reputation of our Hotel as a respectable and quality establishment is vital to maintain.
Fermanagh
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I attended this hotel for a wedding in July. It was a hotel i had heard very little about compared to the places where most of the weddings i attend are. When i arrived at the hotel i was amazed at the entrance and the grounds to the hotel. It was a lovely day of i got around the lawns to take pictures of the lovely bride Nuala! The hotel is nicely decorated and very clean and spacious. We were greeted by the the ladies at reception and they were very friendly and helpful to us. Me and my partner left our bags in our goregous room, is was very nicely decorated, spacious and clean. We were then greeted with tea or coffee and shortbread. Nice hot tea and mouth watering shortbread. When we got into the "Orchaid Suite" i was beyond amazement, i loved everything about this room. Sinead and staff were very helpful and looked after us well. i will certaintly be attending this hotel again and i am considering my wedding here! Keep up the good work Sinead an crew yous are doing a brilliant job!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FermanaghNed
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your visit to the Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the day.

The decor of the Hotel is very close to my heart and I enjoy ensuring that the interior design is maintained in keeping with the history of the house.

It is also important to us that the reputation of the Hotel as a respectable and quality establishment is always upheld and maintained.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Corick in the near future.
Reviewed September 8, 2010

i stayed in Corick house for a wedding i had been attending in August 2010,
i honestly have never stayed in a worse hotel, firstly the managment of this hotel are highly rude especially the owners daughter, i had complained about my meal being cold and was more less told like it or lump it. then it comes to the no alcohol notices i had all over my room, this place was like a prison camp. When i seen the notice saying spot checks would be carried out on rooms, i organised my bag in a way i would know if anyone had touched it, AS SOON AS I RETURNED TO MY ROOM LATER THAT NIGHT I CHECKED AND TO MY HORROR I HAD REALISED SOMEONE HAD BEEN IN MY BAG, DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR. I dont think this behaviour is acceptable and my husband informed the girl on reception the following morning and she just said oh that is awful, never went and got management or even apolgised for it. I would strongly advise no one to stay at this hotel it is not worse the hassle, their is much nicer hotels in the area and thats where i will bestaying next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank belfastgirl10
reservationsclogher, Owner at Corick House, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
I am extremely concerned to read your comments regarding your visit at our Hotel. The Hotel's reputation as a respectable and quality establishment is very important to us.

I am extremely sorry to hear of your experience with your meal and if you would get in touch with us by phone or email I would like to talk to you regarding the specific complaint and date so that I can look into who was responsible for this response. Our policy has always been that we offer an alternative and to replace the meal should any complaint be received.

Regarding the spot check of your room. Again we regret the necessity of having to implement this measure. It has been necessary for the safety of our guests.

However, when we spot-check rooms we never search baggage without the guest being present.

Constructive critisim is always welcome and is acted on by us. The management's priority is to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay. Our policy is to have a firm response when dealing with unruly guests as we have a proper concern for the safety of all guests.
tyrone
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Superb place an food first class def recommend ..................................

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your kind comments and for taking the time to put your view onto Tripadvisor.
These are very important to us.
Ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This place is like Fawltey Towers. You have to visit it to see for yourself the rudeness of the management. The no alcohol notices written of by other guests is a joke. The management responses to these complaints is a lie. I am extremely well travelled and have never come across it before. The notice actually refers to no alcohol not purchased at the hotel being allowed in rooms so their comments about parties and respect for other hotel users is just a lie. They want to squeeze as much out of you as possible. I was at a wedding, received the notice in my confirmation letter, also when at the hotel in further notices and ignored all. The management have no right to enter your room for a spot check on anything unless they have reason to believe something untoward is occurring. If you are enjoying a quite drink of champagne bought from Sainsbury's in the "privacy" of your own room well dare any manager enter that room, confiscate it, fine me and send me home. This policy is quite illegal (manager check this with a lawyer). When you pay for a hotel room you are entitled to privacy despite the absence of "do not disturb" signs. The very idea that they think they have this right is an example of just what they think of you "an inconvenience to getting all your money out of your wallet and into their tills" This attitude is repeated at every turn at this hotel. The manager can attempt to justify their no alcohol policy as they have done before but they know it is a lie. When you read this manager just think before you even think of entering any room uninvited when you hear the clink of champagne glasses and the merry laughter of your "guests" as they unwind and enjoy their stay in their room. If you had done so on me you would have regretted it bitterly I assure you.
Take a hint from the number of reviewers highlighting this point and stop this intrusion. If there is a late night party in a room that is another matter and you are entitled to intervene. Bearing in mind your revellers have probably been intoxicated in your bar at considerable expense the amount of contraband they have taken in is likely to be minimal. Admit it. What you really want to stop are those people on a budget having a few swifties before heading out for the night/ afternoon, probably in your bar. If that is what you are trying to stop then you are wasting your time. Your guest is entitled to the privacy of a room he has paid for to conduct anything lawful and reasonable during his stay. Having a sociable drink he has purchased elsewhere is a hardship you are just going to have to learn to live with.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jazzer37
reservationsclogher, General Manager at Corick House, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
As the General Manager I am concerned to read your comments on a previous response to an entry and also on your stay at our Hotel. The Hotel is not only a business but a family home and its reputation as a respectable and quality Hotel is important to maintain.

The measures which have been implemented have been adopted to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay and demonstrates that we have a proper concern for our residents and their safety.

Constructive critisim is always welcome and is acted on by us. The management's priority is to ensure that all our guests are treated with respect and our policy is, and will remain, to have a firm response when having to curb unruly guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clogher
The Valley Hotel
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
Castle Leslie Estate
Castle Leslie Estate
#1 of 1 in Glaslough

Been to Corick House? Share your experiences!