“Excellent for Wedding receptions” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corick House

Corick House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clogher
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Excellent for Wedding receptions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

On the 24th August we held a wedding reception for our daughter and her husband. I would wish to congratulate the management and staff for the efficient way they carried out the wedding function. From the major to the minor details they were very helpful.
The food and facilities were all well presented. Would recommend this hotel as they are currently continually improving their building and services.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank joc
reservationsclogher, Manager at Corick House, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Good Evening JOC
First of all we would like to thank you as a family for choosing Corick House Hotel to Host your Daughter and son in law Wedding Reception.
As well, we would like to thank-you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of that very special day the marriage of your Daughter, it is always Our goal to make sure each and every guest has a memorable day with us. We hope we can exceed your expectations even more on your next visit to Corick House Hotel.
Joanne Beacom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My niece had her wedding reception here and I can honestly say that it was breath taking from the views of the gardens to the outstanding meal we received. Well done on the excelant customer service the management should be so proud.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Layla E
reservationsclogher, Manager at Corick House, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Good Evening Layla E
Thank-you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on trip-advisor.
It is always nice to read feedback from a guest's point of view. I felt very proud of the team here to read Excellant Customer Service that is always our aim and to continue growing. We pride ourselves on the facilities and the beautiful surroundings Corick House Hotel has to offer. I do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not to distance future.
Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

My sisters wedding was recently held in the beautiful surroundings of corick house. Everything about the day was fantastic. The venue itself is beautiful (ideal for wedding pic) the professionalism of all staff was the last word. I have now booked it for my own wedding. The rooms are lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I would really recommend this hotel for a weekend break, wedding or an overnight stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria E
Good Evening Victoria E
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.
What an outstanding 5 star review. We were honoured to have hosted your sister wedding, but to have the opportunity to welcome all your family and friends back to the Hotel is wonderful. Such praise is a delight to read and I will pass your kind comments unto all the team. Look forward to seeing you soon.
ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have to ask this as I dined here at the weekend and must say I felt the restaurant was somewhat forgotten. The decor is what it is. Classic country house really and nothing outstanding but it does have potential. The food was good and the service was generally OK. But what I would say is that I have been to Corick twice now and I do like the place except for the fact that when they have a wedding in attendance it would appear that everything else gets forgotten. For such a lovely location and restuarant the management really need to rethink where they need to be and donlt forget the normal people who like the hotel rather than just making one day special. I will be back and hope next time everything is in perspective

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gemma b
Good Evening Gemma b
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.
We appreciate your feedback, I am disappointed however to read that you were not received with our usual warm welcome, it is not our intention to make you feel forgotten. we have taken all your comments on board & I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming your back to the hotel.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had our wedding in Corick house on 20th July and it was the best day of our lives! We are so glad we had our wedding here as everything was just perfect! Being from Belfast, alot of our guests had never been to Corick house and we were a wee bit worried about asking them to take the 1 hour journey but after everyone had seen the hotel they said it was totally worth it! In fact everyone was saying that they are definitely going to come back on their own for a night or 2 away. Gemma looked after us on the day and she was FANTASTIC! She kept us relaxed and was happy to accomodate us with any last minute changes we had. The food was outstanding, some guests even saying it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding!! Thank you Thank you Thank you Corick house for everything you did for us and for giving us such wonderful memories. It was definitely the best wedding Ive ever been to and the best wedding venue EVER!! Catherine and Cormac

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cath0206
Good Evening Catherine & cormac
I would like to thank-you for taking the time to write a 5 star review.
I am delighted to read such feedback and words of praise on all aspects of what we have on offer at corick house. We always aim to maintain the high level of food & service that we provide here at the hotel. I have passed you kind comments unto Gemma and the rest of the team here.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future
Monaghan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hello,

We had our wedding reception in Corick House on 14th July 2012 and I must say that our experience surpassed all expectations! The professionalism of the staff, led by Cheryl during the day, and later in the evening by Gemma, was second to none. From the moment myself and my husband stepped out of the car, we were treated like a king and queen, as were all of the bridal party, and from what I've heard, all guests as well. It was a beautiful day, perfect for guests to enjoy the sunny conservatory, lawns and gardens. The treats / tray bakes on arrival were beautiful, much more than we expected.

The meal was absolutely delicious, food was plentiful with second servings of soup and main course. I cannot recommend the cod highly enough - mouthwatering! The service was the part that blew me away though - at the top table all plates were served at exactly the same time, something I have not seen done before, and the attention lavished upon us was fantastic! Cheryl found time to chat and have the craic with us and our parents too, she certainly made a great impression on all of us. All staff members were so professional.

The day went very smoothly indeed, we couldn't have asked for more, and the traditional bridal suite at the end of the night was, and I don't use this word lightly... exquisite! I would absolutely love to stay in it again.

To Cheryl and all the staff, thank you so much for a fantasic day!

Michelle

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MonaghanMichelle
reservationsclogher, Manager at Corick House, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Good afternoon MonaghanMichelle
Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.
I was delighted to read such wonderful comments regarding your wedding day here with us in the hotel. I will of course ensure your compliments are passed unto Cheryl and the whole banqueting team that made your wedding day in your words EXQUISITE. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Thank you corick house for a fantastic wedding!! We just got married in corick house in 1st August 2012 & everything was first class! The staff were amazing from start to finish! Many of our guests had never been to corick but will certainly be back! The venue is stunning, the staff so helpful and the food was excellent! A great day was enjoyed by all! Thank you corick house!
Glenda & Paul

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Glendajstewart
Good Afternoon Glenda & Paul
Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.
I'm delighted we met your expectations for your wedding day with us here at corick house hotel. Your Comments about our food & service greatly appreciated. We do hope to welcome you back on a future occasions and in the meantime I send my best wishes from all the team here.
Kind Regards Joanne Beacom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clogher
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Castle Leslie Estate
Castle Leslie Estate
#1 of 1 in Glaslough
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,390 reviews

Been to Corick House? Share your experiences!