2,755 results
All reviewsjunior suitedeck restaurantgrocery storewest deckheated salt water poolocean frontcoco bistronespresso machinerum punchhuge bathroomevery morningbreakfast staffremembered our namesfire pitcaicos cafehigher floorfull kitchen
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Seven Stars Resort promotes itself as a luxury resort. The units are beautiful. However, the service is terrible. In our one week stay at Seven Stars Resort we encountered issues with their not cleaning our room in a timely fashion and multiple times of front desk personnel setting expectations, then failing to meet them. Finally, the concierge acted like an executive secretary protecting the hotel's general manager from intrusions rather than someone who helps paying guests resolve issues. Here's the detail of our sad week at this "luxury" resort.

First, housekeeping forgot to make-up up our room on Thursday, December 9th. The exact date was easy to remember because it happened to be my boyfriend's 50th birthday. At 5pm, on December 9th, when we got back from being out all day and the room still wasn't cleaned, my boyfriend decided to put out the privacy sign because at that point he just wanted to hang out and watch a movie. The next day around 10 am we visited the front desk to ask them various questions (scheduling a Saturday cab to go to the airport, etc) and to report that our room wasn't cleaned the previous day. We also asked to speak to a manager, was told that all managers were in their morning meeting and that we should come back later. Our room was cleaned on Friday, in the morning, the first morning cleaning we'd had all week. However, no-one from the hotel called to ensure that everything was O.K. From my perspective, it appeared that the hotel simply wished to sweep the non-cleaning issue under the rug.

Second, the service provided by the concierge was sub-par. On Friday, sometime between 3pm and 4pm, I visited the concierge, gave her my name, and asked to speak to the general manager. I simply wanted to let him/her know that there were issues with housekeeping. The concierge told me that she didn't think the general manager was on the property. She then called a telephone number, listened to a voice mail, then hung up. She did not put me through to the general manager to leave a voice mail, nor did she suggest an assistant general manager that I could speak to. Please note, in either of these instances did me or my boyfriend act like crazy, screaming guests. My oyfriend is paid for his diplomatic skills and I was trying to be as nice as I could.

Third, front desk personnel set expectations on three different issues (complimentary shuttle service to a restaurant, availability of postcard stamps for purchase, and aerobics classes), then failed to meet the expectations that they had set. Front desk personnel said that the resort offered complimentary shuttle service. When I asked how we could take advantage of the service to go to a restaurant in Turtle Cove, they said essentially, "Oh, we don't offer that service to Turtle Cove." Turtle Cove has at least 3 restaurants and isn't that far away. The front desk could simply have used more precise, more truthful. language, "We provide complimentary shuttle service to a few restaurants nearby", and everybody would be happy. I asked the front desk if they had postcard stamps available for purchase. They told me they did. I said that I would come back once I had written all the postcards and knew how many stamps I needed. I came back the next day around 5pm to buy stamps, encountered the "giggling foursome" manning the front desk and asked to buy the stamps. One of them looked around for stamps, couldn't find any, and said to come back the next day when a manager was on duty. I came back the next morning and was told that the manager was out purchasing various items including stamps and to come back later. It's O.K. if the front desk can't sell me stamps. But I think it is reasonable to expect that they sell me stamps or let me know what nearby business is selling stamps. I got neither the stamps nor a referral. Simply time and again of "come back later." I mailed the postcards once I returned
home. The resort promoted that they had aerobics. Upon check-in, as we were receiving our tour of the property, I asked the front desk person about the aerobics and she told me to check my room for the information. I scoured our room looking for aerobics class date/time information. There was no guide to the property in the room, a "guest companion." Housekeeping wasn't delivering the daily one page "guide to resort activities" sheet on a regular basis (not that I knew to look for it until day 5 of our vacation.) Later when I asked the front desk about aerobics, they told me that once a week the resort offered water aerobics in the pool.

The resort has a few pluses. Nadia, a duo, sings at the resort's bar and restaurant on Thursday and Saturday evenings. If you like the group Sting, then Nadia is not to be missed. The male vocalist sounds just like him. The Water Sports manager was the only manager who practices "MBWA", management by walking around. He was the only member of management that seemed to have any pulse of what was going on with the guests of the resort.

In summation, don't be "sucker punched", like we were, with the Seven Stars Resort promoting themselves as a luxury resort. The service is sadly, frustratingly, lacking. There are many other places that we have stayed at in the past, like The Sands, even Comfort Suites, who do a far better job of delivering on their promises - - places who can set expectations and deliver on them.

20  Thank PatCraig
Reviewed December 16, 2010

My mom and I traveled from 11/28 – 12/4. We were the only plane that had landed at our time and going through customs was a breeze even though our flight attendants didn't have any customs forms for us to fill out on our flight. Getting our baggage was easy and we proceeded out the only exit where you see about 5 podiums with hotel names on them. I didn't see a Seven Stars podium so I asked an attendee at an unnamed podium that was to the left of the exiting door and it happened to be for Seven Stars. She tagged our bags and got a cab for us. It was about a 15 minute ride and costs us $13 per person. This was by far the most painless airport arrival I have ever experience in the Caribbean and Mexico to make a start to a great vacation. The hotel is great and the rooms are luxurious. There is a flat screen TV with a DVD player and satellite programming. Many English speaking stations and movie channels. My mom and I stayed in an ocean front junior suite in the Aliya building room 3103. It had its own private patio with a gate to walk out to the beach. If you are a cat lover, we fed a momma cat and her 3 kittens every night on our balcony. The bathroom had the best Jacuzzi tub that I have ever experienced at a hotel. It had a separate shower and water closet that included a stackable washer & dryer. The bathroom alone had 5 light switches. There are 3 restaurants; the main one served a free continental breakfast (fruit, pastries, yogurt, and cereal) each morning and you could also order from the menu. This restaurant didn’t serve dinner unless it was raining. The other 2 restaurants had a limited menu and were pricey. The exercise room was really nice. It had ellipticals, treadmills, stationary and recumbent bike, and about 6 weight machines. Connected to the exercise room was the spa where I had an awesome hot stone massage by Yna. This is not your typical spa as there is only treatment rooms which each one has its own bathroom with shower. There are no locker rooms with jacuzzi tubs. Be aware that they tack on 18% tip to the bill plus there is also a line to give an additional tip. They have a closet of a business center/library in the lobby that has 1 computer with a printer and free internet access. There are books in there too to borrow. There is also only a small boutique on site with resort wear and a couple personal items but no snacks or drinks. The hotel has the best part of the beach in its area; it is kind of like a bay. You can walk the beach from point to point(about 3 miles) and feel comfortable as the majority is of it is line with hotels. Seven stars by far looks like the most luxurious on this part. The eastern tip of the bay where the Regent Palms is has only about 15 feet of beach from water to dune grass. There are lots of shells to pick up on this walk. My only complaint would be that the beach chairs have no padding and can get quite uncomfortable sitting and reading a book and that there is no room service. There is a great free magazine called Where, When, How about the islands that you can pick up at the local stores. It has great information about the stores, trips, and restaurants. You can also see archived magazines on their website at WhereWhenHow.com. If you are a dog lover, please check out potcakeplace.com. This is an organization dedicated to rescuing dogs on the islands. You can bring one home or be a courier for a family waiting to adopt. We saw two people carrying puppies through the security line at the airport. They were actually just acting as couriers and these puppies were so cute. My mom and I felt safe leaving the hotel to walk to nearby shopping and riding the free bicycles around that the hotel offers. Pick up some Bambarra rum as they don’t have an exporting license as of yet. You can also get it at the small duty free shop at the airport. There is a pizza place called Pizza Pizza that delivers. They have decent pizza and deliver for free if your bill is over $50 or a $5 charge if not. We got the baked ziti and spaghetti bolognese one night which were both real good. We also ate at the Salt Mills diner which was causal good too and not too pricey. There is very limited shopping at the airport. There is a restaurant and store in the ticketing area then inside the terminal there is a small bar, small duty free shop, Jai’s jewelry and 3 other small gift stores. Overall, I wouldn’t have stayed anywhere else but the Seven Stars.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank kdxdana
Reviewed December 13, 2010

After reading all of the reviews here before booking, I'm very pleased with this resort. My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary and were traveling without the kids. The setting was fantastic, our room was beautiful, and the weather perfect. The service was also fantastic....

As per previous reviews, concierge Claudine was superb and the Watersports guys-Clay, Jerry and Steve were supa cool and accomodating. I do a lot of stand up paddling so I was very happy to see that they did have two decent sup's available for guests. Clay informed me that they would be getting a couple new ones as well, which should make paddling more fun.

We ate one night at the outdoor hotel restaurant, now called the Deck. My red snapper was very good. By far, the best restaurant on the island is Coco Bistro. I had some killer Mahi Mahi that was done perfectly. My wife's dish was also delish! We had another really good meal at Opus, but for the price I think I would have preferred to hit Coco again.

Just a coupe random thoughts:

Da Conch shack is fun and good but nothing special. Do yourself a favor and hit it for lunch. rent some scooters or a car for the day and save the 50 bucks in cab fare when you go. The Seven stars shuttle will take you most places in Grace Bay for free, but Da Conch shack is too far. Jimmy's Dive Bar is truly a dive-it looks like a dark dungeon. However, the restuarant on top of it(forgot it's name) was actually fun for lunch. My wife had a great salad and my burger was excellent. Service sucked and they were pretty clueless, but beers were cheap and the food was good so who cares it's island time.

Just a few thoughts. Great place would defiantely come back'.

3  Thank surfcowboy43
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Seven Stars offered luxury accommodation on a beautiful waterfront. The luxury includes exceptional room furnishings with beautiful marble and tile, high ceilings, and beautifully landscaped and manicured grounds. The staff are polite and helpful, and service-oriented. The resort has water sports equipment to use and staff support. Trained security personnel are present on the resort campus.

3  Thank Traveller121010
Reviewed December 9, 2010

The hotel grounds were very nice looking. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were very soft and comfortable. Pillows were great too. The swimming pool was huge; but beware about the "heated" pool. The water seemed pretty cool to me, which made me wonder how cold other properties pools must be if this one was heated. There were plenty of chairs available by the pool or beach. Continental breakfast included various pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal. Upon our arrival, the free upgrade I was supposed to get was not an upgrade to the room listed on the travel website I saw. However, because my papers just said room upgrade, the front desk woman did not care. I suppose that is my fault for not printing everything out, but the service issues did not end there. About 8 people were in the taxi that arrived at Seven Stars. The bell hop said not to wait for our luggage, he would get it. Well, about an hour later our luggage had still not shown up. The front desk woman claimed the taxi drove off with our luggage. This was skeptical considering the bell hop looked too busy handing out cool towels instead of getting our luggage from the taxi. I wouldn't have been so mad if the front desk had at least apologized. The next day our room was not cleaned even though we had the cleaning sign out. I left a message with housekeeping, but still no one showed up. I contacted the front desk and around 6pm our room was cleaned. The next day we only had 1 bath towel in our room, the extra ones from the closet were gone. Again, I tried to contact housekeeping and no towel ever showed up. My husband ended up using a hand towel. We seemed to have better service our last day. We sat on the beach several days, but only one time, the entire week, did we have someone come by to ask if we wanted anything to drink. While sitting around the pool, we were brought fruit skewers in the morning and everyone seemed friendlier. Perhaps our service issues were a fluke, but they were enough to cause us to be disappointed. We visited the hotel deck bar for dinner once. It was very pricey; there were $12 in service fees and taxes on top of a $40 bill (and that was before gratuity too). They have a happy hour from around 5:30pm-8pm daily, but the drinks are still $9. The hotel was very close to a lot of shops and restaurants. Didn't take advantage of the hotel shuttle service. There was free wi fi by the pool and in the lobby.