Beach House Turks & Caicos
Point Grace(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$443
Ports of Call Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$257
$219
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$710
$550
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$465
The Sands at Grace Bay(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$560
$975
$875
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$697
The Regent Grand(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$877
$850
The Tuscany(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$775
$752
Hotels.com
Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$464
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsday bedbreakfast creditocean frontturks caicosboutique hotelfront officesmall hotelfrench doorschef jasonblue havencoral gardenshobie catsister propertiespaddle boardsother resortsfresh towelsfish fry
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed in the Dazzled Room. It had amazing views of the water. The room was extremely clean and was kept clean throughout the visit. It is furnished very much like a typical beach house. The patio has a table as well as a day bed to lay on. They almost got this hotel right but there were a few things that they need to improve to make it perfect.
The bed was horribly uncomfortable, cheaply made. The pillows were the same. They should invest in down pillows. I ended up sleeping on the couch and it was the only good night sleep I got there. The bed was so hard my body would go numb. They need to replace with a pillow top matress. The bathroom should have been upgraded a bit better. The sink top was of poor quality and the toilet looked 20 years old. The shower was great. The TV is too small. We got a good deal on the room since we booked in April, if I had payed full price I would have been mad.
Other than that the stay was great. Friendly staff and great cleaning staff. The beach location cannot be beat. The beach chairs are incredibly comfortable and it is a nice stretch of beach. This is just 2 hotels down from the Gansevort so if you like to party that is the place to be Friday night. You will have take a taxi everywhere on the island though which runs about 10-15 bucks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank redbarnxoxo
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you loved our "beach house" feel and enjoyed your stay. We are sorry you found the bed uncomfortable - all mattresses and pillows were purchased new to hotel standards during our full refurbishment last summer. Next time, please do let us know during your stay so that we may do our best to remedy any complaint you may have. We do value your feedback, so once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We love this place! We came here with our daughter-five. Rooms are beautiful and specious, furniture beautiful and quite child friendly. Rooms are cleaned twice a day. Shower could be improved. Food/ restaurant is at the high end when it comes to prices and is excellent so I guess u pay for what u get. Spa is as big as it should be to have privacy and all the attention dedicated to you. Lady at the Spa, Sharon, well I would be happy to take her home. Prices acceptable. The beach is amazing with enough space for everybody, comparing to the other hotels around. All the personnel at the Beach House is trying their best and we got a very quick response to everything we needed. We are here a week and one more to go and we don't regret for booking two weeks.

Room Tip: sea view, first floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IrenF
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely review - we're delighted you're enjoying your stay so far and hope you have a fantastic next few days also.
The Beach House Team

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lovely: First, I want to begin by echoing other comments that we had read on TripAdvisor prior to arriving at this property. This hotel is positioned in one of the most beautiful spots imaginable. The beach is wide, the sand is soft and white and the water is a gorgeous shade of light blue. With my family, I walked up and down the beach and the Beach House is definitely well-positioned on Grace Bay. The view from the ocean front suite was spectacular. In my opinion, it is worth spending the extra money to stay ocean front. The beach is not crowded and we were there during high season.

Location: The resort was about 15 minutes from the airport. It was an easy taxi ride and the taxi cost about $10 per person. It is a beach front property and looks just as pictured on the website. To the right with your back to the ocean is the expensive but lovely Stelle Restaurant. To the left, Cafe Somewhere. The snorkel boat picked us up right in front of the resort as did the parasailing boat. We borrowed the free resort bikes and rode (up a hill and across a busy highway) to the nearby local grocery store. On site was a terrific restaurant that is part of the resort. I do not think there was a better beach front location on Grace Bay.

Lacking Basic Services: Towels, robes, restaurant service were all issues during our stay. The people at the resort were very friendly and we never experienced any rude behavior but the attitude did not seem to be one of taking care of guests. The beach attendant (Roger) was friendly but did not seem motivated or enthusiastic about his work. Specifically, some of the lounge chairs had tags to reserve them for some suites but occupants of other suites were on their own to find their own seating. This wasn't a problem even during the peak week before Easter but it did strike me as odd. We were staying in an ocean front two bedroom suite - the most expensive option in the resort - but no effort was made to ensure that our suite was associated with reserved lounge chairs on the beach. In addition, Roger was not interested in taking out the little Hobbie Cat sailboat thought this option was offered to us as one of the resort amenities that we should take advantage of during our stay. After we did convince and persuade Roger to take the boat out, we heard other guests remark that he had not had the boat out in over a week. During the last two days of our stay, the paddle boards were not out - the wind had picked up and this might have been the reason. On the last night, one of us saw a rat in the kitchen area of our two bedroom suite, Enchanted. This sighting occurred in the middle of the night and cast a bit of a damper on the rest of our stay.

Conclusion: I thought the Turks and Caicos was one of the most lovely destinations that I have ever visited and I look forward to returning - especially to have another chance to snorkel at the barrier reef!! I would not consider staying, however, at the Beach House again and, I am sorry to say, I would not recommend this boutique hotel to friends or family at least until reports of the service have improved. I have given it four stars overall but that has to do with location, location, location. It was an incredible view and was on a lovely spot of beach!!! We still loved our vacation and had an amazing time. It will go down as a memorable family vacation but the rat does leave a bad taste...

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms offer a spectacular view. It appeared to me that the second floor ocean front suite would be the ideal way to go. The view on the third floor ocean front suite was reduced by the solid railing as opposed to the bar railings on the second floor. I also think the second floor balconies were larger. Finally, the ground floor suites that were ocean front did not appear to have such good views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Luv2travel60996
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review of Beach House. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and particularly liked the location of the hotel. Your feedback regarding service is appreciated and we are constantly making improvements in this area of the hotel. With regard to the beach lounges - every suite now has their own dedicated "pod". Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our second year at this boutique apartment hotel, but this time under new management. That is both the good news and the bad news. I'll start with the good news. Hendrika at the front desk and Roger at the beach remained and were as warm and helpful as ever, as were most of the staff. The rooms were tastefully redecorated, and there is a new flat screen TV. On the beach the new lounges were exceedingly comfortable and you could reserve one for your stay. There is a new flat screen TV. On our lovely deck which faced the sea they have added a couch and pillows, perfect for an afternoon siesta in tranquil surroundings. Also, they added a restaurant which I have reviewed in the restaurant review section. When the DVD player didn't work, they addressed the problem promptly. Of great importance to us the free WiFi worked even from the beach..very different from last year. The peace and quiet throughout the hotel set it apart from other resorts on Grace Bay, and in my opinion that is this resort's greatest asset.

Now, for the not so good news. When I looked at the new web site this year I noticed that they did not show the part of the kitchen that had contained a 4 burner stove and oven. I inquired about this when I called about a reservation. This was very important because we book for a whole month and want to prepare two or three meals a week ourselves. They said they removed it because they now have an excellent restaurant, but if we wanted to prepare food ourselves they left the microwave. since this was not acceptable, I told them we changed our mind about making a reservation. They said they would buy us a two burner hot plate, and assured us that everything else in the kitchen remained the same as last year...that is, fully equipped. So, we agreed to come. Well, the microwave was useless since they had removed all microwave pots and pans. Most of the kitchen implements had also been removed. There wasn't a frying pan large enough to make a simple omelet or a simple stir fry for 2 people. There were other small but significant inconveniences such as a safe on the floor of the closet in a spot that we could barely reach and only one towel rack in the bathroom. Another problem was the timing of maid service. The maid could arrive any time between ll:00 and 4:00, making it difficult to count on any privacy for a nap or a shower after the beach. We asked for some consistency and the problem was finally addressed for the lst few days of our stay. When I made the reservation I asked if the gym still had the bike and treadmill and they assured me it did, My husband needs to use the treadmill regularly, and we were taken aback to find it had been removed. Again, they were responsive to our disappointment and arranged for him to use the gym at another hotel. Again, they didn't deiver on promises, but to their credit they were responsive to most complaints.

This is a beautiful boutique hotel away from the hustle and bustle of most of Grace Bay...an island of tranquility. I hope that the new owners will work out the kinks, and also recognize that they cannot force use of the restaurant by removing basic cooking facilities.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank shirleyBoston
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you also for this review - we're happy that you enjoyed the peace and quiet of the hotel and that our staff were able to promptly assist you. Your comments about the kitchen and maid service will be looked into, so once again, thank you for feedback.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I and our three adult children just returned from this paradise. We truly did feel as though we had a beach house all to ourselves even though the entire property was sold out. The calm, the serenity, the feeling of well being that surrounds you here is what makes this place so special. It is not the most luxurious or pampering place we have stayed in Turks and Caicos but it is the best! We had an oceanfront suite and a pool suite. They were very airy and spacious and decorated with soothing colors. The bathrooms could have been nicer but they were certainly functional with nice products. We loved the fact that the living room had a tv that received mainly american channels so that we could check in on our sports teams. The best part of the suites were the spacious decks and patios. The beach location is wonderful. A wide part of the beach yet tucked into it's own little cove area. Clean gorgeous water and sand. You are also in walking distance of many restaurants. Do try to get to Somewhere Cafe just a couple minutes walk down the beach. We went there daily for lunch or just drinks. The staff at the Beach House are all very friendly but one does need to remember these are Island people and they are on Island Time. We seemed to adjust to that time quite well once we were settled in. I have to give special shout outs to Magic Mike whom simply does not have the word no as part of his vocabulary. He is at the Beach House restaurant. We also appreciated the bartender Whiskey who may be a bit slow making a drink but makes it so very worth your while with his concoctions. We found the house cleaning staff to be very accommodating, and the spa to be almost non- existent in size but outstanding in experience and treatment. I would love to see them expand the spa....and the gym? I would not even say they had a gym lol! They really do need to do something there...my only complaint. All of us so thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Beach House. Your time really is your own here. It does feel like you very own bit of paradise. I hope my chair situated to that gorgeous blue water is always there waiting for me!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank beau9542
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review - all your feedback and comments are much appreciated! We're glad it felt like your own beach house - come back soon!
The Beach House Team