2,240 results
All reviews mango reef blue haven swim up bar ocean front beach house caicos dream tours full kitchen sister properties all inclusive option beautiful beach time share free shuttle washer dryer jerk chicken rum punch dinner on the beach partial ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Alexandra has something for everyone AND it is ALL included! We sailed, kayaked, snorkeled, biked, tubed, paddle boarded, jumped on the in water trampoline...and of course ATE all of the fabulous food!

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank Andrea S
KarlB2285, Guest Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Andrea S.

Thank you for visiting with us at the Alexandra... We are happy you took the time out of your busy schedule to write us a review on your experienced at the resort. Exceeding expectation is what we strive for. looking forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Warm regards..

Reviewed June 9, 2019

The Alexandra Resort is unparalleled to any other all-inclusive resort I’ve been to. The staff have great work ethic, the food is impeccable and the facilities are well-maintained. Of course, being located right on Grace Bay was also a plus. My experience in Turks was made as enjoyable as it was due to this wonderful experience. Having two sister hotels, Beach House and Blue Haven, that guests of the Alexandra can shuttle to makes a huge difference in terms of variety in restaurant options (included in the all-inclusive package) as well as activities (snorkeling, parasailing etc.). It was nice having the option for a change in scenery when desired. All in all, a wonderful experience that I’d highly recommend to friends and family.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank alyssaandrienna
KarlB2285, Guest Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Guest.

It was a pleasure to host you and your family at the Alexandra resort...We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards.

Alexandra Team.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

I was with my wife at Alexandra Resort for a week. We choose the All Inclusive formula and we stayed in a front ocean room. The place is amazing and the Sea really unique. The Staff ant management were wonderful. The food was good with a lot of choices. I really recommend to visit this resort.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I was a little skeptical of some of the not so stellar reviews that I had seen, but figured I would take a chance on a great deal for a 5 day 4 night stay at the Alexandra Resort. My husband and I couldn't be happier with my decision!

Pros:
Food- The buffet for breakfast offered a range of food, from fresh fruit, omelette station, even smoothies! We really enjoyed the jerked chicken stand and ate it every day we were there. We also had the fish tacos at the beach deck and it was delicious! We ate at the onsite restaurant the Fish Deck, and the food there was also very good. We enjoyed that we could visit other resort restaurants and booked a dinner at the Beach House. They were offering a champagne bar with caviar tasting before our meal!
Service- For the most part, everyone was extremely accommodating, and very friendly. There were always fresh towels available, as many water bottles as you'd like. I just wish that the beach service was a little more attentive, as someone would come by after I had already gone to the beach bar to grab a drink.
Room- We stayed in a "garden studio." A great price, and a great space! Room was bright and fresh, very clean and had its own kitchenette stocked with drinks (beer, soda, water). I requested a high floor (i find that helps with mosquitos) and to our surprise our room was overlooking the pool and had a partial ocean view! On our first day we ran out of water (i was skeptical of drinking anything from the tap) so we called to the front desk and someone came within 15 mins with a case of water.
Pool- The pool bar was always staffed with someone, although sometimes they had to leave the area to get certain liquors from the beach bar. There were always chairs available, and they offered flavored water and brought around ice cream snacks.
Beach- What can I say about this stunning beach?! There were always chairs available, even in the first row closest to the water, regardless of time of day. Its such a relief to be able to sleep in a little and head down to the beach without stressing over a chair with shade. The water was crystal clear, no seaweed, and we enjoyed the paddle boarding. They even offered a small catamaran sailboat.
Gym- My husband used the gym almost every day, I only once. There was an elliptical and a stationary bike, as well as circuit weights and free weights. I would have liked it if they had a treadmill but it did the job!
Entertainment- They offered daily activities that were listed on a paper we received when we checked in, including pool volleyball and beach soccer. At night there were themed nights on the beach deck with music which we really enjoyed.

The cons are minimal and would NOT stop me from coming back here again:
Shuttle- Very limited service, so we had to wait an hour after our dinner at the Beach House to return.
Airport service- This really doesn't reflect the resort so much, but I was annoyed that when we booked our shuttle for the airport at the end of our trip, our flight was at 3:25 and they scheduled the pickup for 1pm. The drive to the airport, and security check-in was done by 1:20, so we waited in the very poorly airconditioned, very cramped airport for about 2 hours. I really wish we had known and I would have requested a later shuttle to get some more time at the beach.

We did not get a chance to use the spa, although a couple we met who were on their honeymoon raved about the massages they received there.
I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality all-inclusive in Turks and Caicos. Food gets expensive on the Island and we felt like we got a really great steal here. It wasn't the Four Seasons, but I felt that the small intimate nature and quality food, beach, and amenities put it above many of the all-inclusives we've stayed at in the past, even Secrets resorts.

Room tip: Our room was 4310, a garden studio, but it was a corner room (quiet) and on the 3rd floor so we had partial ocean view.
Date of stay: May 2019
9  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Jennifer S

It was a pleasure to host you and your family at the Alexandra resort...We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. we are excited to hear you will return. looking forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards

From the Alexandra Team.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

We first visited this resort in April 2018. The resort had recently changed to all-inclusive and it was a bumpy beginning. We arrived this April exactly a year later and were so happy to see all of the changes that have happened and are continuing to happen! I wrote a review a year ago stating all of the pros and cons and I am so surprised to say that every single "con" has been addressed.

The resort itself is clean and the units are spacious. Housekeeping does a great job although they are tight with their towels so we did end up requesting extra towels everyday which was not a problem.

The food was probably the biggest "con" last year and we were so happy to see the drastic change in this area! The restaurants are now run very efficiently and the food quality and presentation is so much better. There is a new restaurant which we only tried one night but it was wonderful. They have also added a jerk chicken stand and a wonderful smoothie bar that opened the week we were there. The kids were excited to see a soft serve ice cream stand as well!

The bars now have drink menus and the drinks are far more consistent in how they are made. The bartenders were wonderful and we never had a bad experience or waited for drinks.

There was someone coming to the beach taking drink orders which was also new from last year and a nice touch. The towel shack was also full and there were always clean towels available at the pool. We like that they are there to take when you need them and you don't need a towel card as you do at some resorts.

We were able to take advantage of the paddle boards and kayaks and the prime location of this resort on this stunning stretch of beach is just surreal. There is no seaweed, no large drop offs and the water is crystal clear and the sand is smooth and perfect under your feet.

What sets this resort apart from others for our family is truly the staff. We have two girls age 11 and 16. Typically the age difference can be an issue when finding fun things to do... Alexandra Resort has the "fun pals" and an entertainment team that sets them apart from their competition. Our girls made new friends with some guests last year and they were there again as well which was wonderful. Most of the fun pals that were there last year were still on staff. The girls were so excited to see Charles, Mario, Luigi and Mazzi who they met last year! There was a new addition to the fun pals staff this year... Barbie. I cannot give this girl enough praise. What a sweet, caring and genuine soul. This group of young adults is one of our deciding factors on which resort we spend our yearly vacation at. The kids have so much fun with them! They had a pool party with the new foam machine (super fun), they did karaoke, dance night, beach soccer, pool volleyball, bingo, swam in the ocean or just hung out. Barbie is part of Positive Vibrations which is a band that played one night at the resort. They were AMAZING! Such talent!

Here are some other staff that really stood out!

Jessica... such a sweetheart! She remembered us from last year and came looking for us. I was so happy to see her smiling face. She has such a great attitude and is such an asset to have on staff.

Joseph at the omelette station. Made wonderful omelettes and had pride in his work. Nice to see him there everyday.

Francisca at the smoothie bar. OMG we loved her! She was so upbeat and super sweet. I'd like one of those smoothies right now.

And of course the bar staff.... Mikey, Davidson and Edmund were a few that really stood out. When I couldn't find my husband I always knew where to look! There was also a super nice intern, Kevin, from Italy. He is probably back in Italy by now but he was a great kid too.

I can't remember his name for the life of me but the manager in charge of food operations is such a great guy as well. He is always available and has everything running smoothly!

One suggestion we have is it would be nice to have some sort of a rewards program or some kind of repeat guest perks like some other resorts have. We have friends that like to travel but always go to Sandals because they have points to use...

We cannot wait to visit again next year.... I hope to see many of these wonderful people when we return....

Room tip: Make sure the room has a washer and dryer.... not all one bedroom suites have them.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank danigirl22
KarlB2285, Guest Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Dear Danigirl22.

It was a pleasure to host you and your family at the Alexandra resort...We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. we are excited to have you back, hurry up and come on down.

Warm regards.