2,097 results
All reviews ocean view hemingways restaurant screened in porch grocery store full kitchen washer and dryer sands resort rum punch an umbrella hobie cats main pool tour desk coral gardens other resorts paddle boards beautiful beach living room
Reviewed August 10, 2018

If you're looking for a wonderful resort with an amazing property AND service that's bar none, then The Sands is NOT the place for you. I will say that the actual rooms, pools, beach and outdoor spaces are gorgeous. However, the service is terrible. Upon arriving after a long day of traveling, the staff took close to 2 and a half hours to place us in a room. While the room itself was okay, we were directly off the parking lot and felt uncomfortable with a room that close to the road. So, we asked if there were any other rooms available. We ended up switching rooms, but only after what seemed like pulling teeth from the staff. They claimed there were no other available rooms even though it was clear to us that there were, and they upgraded other guests to these rooms after telling us there were no open spaces. Finally in our new room, there was a problem with the AC. After calling down to the front desk TWICE a maintenance person finally showed up at our room to try and fix it. Additionally, it was always a struggle to get towels (both beach towels and towels for the room). While the price of the Sands may be appealing, the service can turn an amazing trip into a time full of annoyances. You can definitely find better places to stay on the island for the same price. Choose elsewhere! PS - I read some reviews on this site of the Sands and saw notes of bad service, but I ignored them as one-offs and foolishly thought I would have a different experience!

Room tip: Buildings 3, 4 are closest to pools/beach. Buildings 1, 6 are farthest.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
13  Thank Sofia G
Reviewed August 10, 2018

The beautiful water and sand was the best part!! The beach staff and Hemingways' staff were super friendly and helpful. The front desk ladies were helpful at check in and check out and always answered our questions throughout our stay (Wed. July 18-Wed. July 25). We never had a problem getting a palapa or umbrellas no matter what time of day. We enjoyed the pool many times as well (also never crowded). Our room (2 bedroom, 3rd floor) was always clean but a little outdated. The screen porch was our favorite place to hang out (nice breeze and beautiful view of pool and beach).We walked into town to eat several times. We would definitely go back to the Sands!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank tammycB2360VG
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We are in the middle of our stay and I wanted to do my review while it’s fresh. First off the beach is amazing...words can’t describe so I put a photo up instead. A couple of reviews mention how unfriendly the staff is but it’s anything but true...almost everyone I met said hello, smiled and asked if we needed anything. Remember you are on island time...things move slow. I’ve been all around the world and my only complaint so far is they don’t have a snack bar type place for a quick burger or fries. There is Hemingway’s which pretty much covers everything food wise but it’s more of a beach front restaurant then a quick snack bar. Contrary to some reviewers there are indeed staff that come to beach to serve you, I’m sipping a beer from them now...will update my review once our vaca is complete. I would def stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank PatCT1980
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We spent 10 glorious days here to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. Having read lots of reviews, it was exactly what we expected and honestly perfect for the way we like to travel. We arrived around 4:00 on a Friday. There were no other guests checking in at that time. Check in was easy and quick and our room was ready.

We were in a 3rd floor ocean view studio in Building 1. This is farthest from the beach, but runs parallel with the sea. I thought our view was lovely and just a short walk to the most gorgeous beach ever. Room was clean and adequate. Nothing fancy but that matters not to us. I spent a lot of mornings and evenings on the screened balcony. If I was going to find fault with any aspect of the room this would be my one complaint, albeit petty. Most balconies are quite large with screen wrapping around the front and at least one side. Ours was half this size with screen only in front and walls of adjacent units on each side. (Perhaps how all studio balconies are designed?) This did not allow for a breeze to blow through and it got stuffy. We had only 2 lounge chairs and small side table. No table and chairs for eating. Not a huge deal and I still sat out there lots.

The beach is incredible! Pictures do not do it justice. You just have to see for yourself. We’ve been to many Caribbean islands with beautiful beaches, but Grace Bay is different. So beautiful and special. We typically got to the beach between 7-9 and had no problem getting a palapa. People arriving in the afternoon were able to get umbrellas that staff set up for them. Even when there were full rows of palapas and umbrellas, the beach didn’t feel crowded. We found the beach staff to be very friendly and helpful. Most days we took our own food and drinks to the beach, but there was staff frequently passing by in case you wanted to order something. If you do order/take food, please clean up after yourself! Respect this beautiful beach and keep it beautiful!

I can see why the front desk staff often gets negative reviews. We stopped by twice just to ask a question about car rental and dinner reservations. They were never rude, but also never greeted us with a welcoming smile or enquired about our stay. Our questions were answered, but we didn’t get the sense that they would go above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. A smile and friendly greeting goes a long way. The only time we received a smile was when we checked in and checked out. I believe it was same girl. Wish I could remember her name.

We enjoyed our stay at The Sands and I would not hesitate to return. Probably our favorite vacation to date. Providenciales, TCI is a special place. I hope you will be lucky enough to experience it as well.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank mcaribbean
Reviewed August 6, 2018

The landscaping and property was lovely. The room was lovely. Great location near many great restaurants. The Hemingway staff where wonderful. I would say the front desk needed some fine reminders that they should treat new comer-comers with respect and work on being more friendly.

Room tip: To get ocean view must order way advance. Third floors quieter but lots of stairs. My husband had hard time with the stairs.
Date of stay: March 2018