Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
8,652 results
All reviews circus team chief of the village crazy signs main bar aqua gym land sports the white chocolate bread nightly shows flying trapeze music factory mike clarke sharkies bar big d summer camp for adults tennis lessons white night interesting people
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Greatest social media manager (Samuel Dionne) and light technician (Loic Quenneville) !! The BEST circus team (Elliott, Tammy, Sango, and André) ever. The circus shows we're amazing with high circus level performance. Thanks for the amazing week.

Date of stay: December 2019
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you had a spectacular stay at Club Med Turkoise and we hope to see you back in paradise again soon. - The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent ten days at the ClubMed in Turks and Caicos. This was not our first time at a Club Med.
The reception desk personal need training on how to treat guests. The best part of the trip was the dining experience. I have a severe allergy and the head chef Jackson, and especially the sous chef, Michele took wonderful care of me . I did not have to worry about what I was eating and was treated very special with wonderful meals. The entertainment was great and had much variety.
The accommodations are okay, although the rooms need some updating.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
ClubMed, Customer Relations at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Scenic720901,

Thank you for sharing your comment regarding Club Med Turkoise.

We are very pleased to hear our restaurant staff were friendly and made a positive impact on you. We value your feedback and will share your comments and concerns with the appropriate departments so we can improve each guests stay.

We look forward to seeing you at any of our beautiful Club Med resorts in the future.

Best regards,
Your Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for a week while trying to learn to kite surf. I arrived towards the end of the day and were greeted at the main reception. They were expecting us and had our room keys and wrist bands ready to go. We were then taken to our rooms with a brief spiel on the resort as were walking up. This was very efficient, and I suspect lucky that we were not part of a larger group arriving. We subsequently saw larger groups having a more formal presentation in the entertainment area.

I had a second-floor sea view room with a small balcony. The rooms are fine. I’ve stayed at a lot of Caribbean resorts and a lot of them have a slightly worn feel to them. This was no different and the room was clean. There is a mini bar with a few complementary soft drinks along with the usual extras in the room e.g. iron, safe and a tablet that I didn’t use throughout the stay.

The resort was full when we were there but never really felt too busy. I never really had to wait for anything apart from the snorkelling trip. Breakfast was great. Omelette line was always small or non-existent and a very wide range of different foods to have. I always had lunch at Sharky’s. The menu didn’t change there but a really good system with a pager, so you place your order and then go and relax. Food was usually ready within ten minutes. The fish tacos are fab.

Both bars have a good choice with two different local draft beers (bottled premiums $5 each). At the main bar there is a beer tap that you can help yourself t but there didn’t seem too much attention to changing the barrel when it ran out. It would have been nice to have more glasses in the evenings rather than plastics but that’s a minor grumble. The bar staff were attentive and even at very busy times got through everyone in order and quickly. No evidence to me of watered-down beer, spirits etc.

The evening entertainment was fun and good for an hour to just relax. The parties in the evenings were well attended and had a good feel with the different themes. Not a problem if you didn’t have the correct clothes/combo/color.

While we were there two big groups had booked in (Pickle Ball and Volleyball). I’d read previous posts that this changed the dynamic of the resort. It didn’t seem to for us as everyone was friendly and happy to chat.

The snorkelling trip (included) was pleasant. We got there 20mins before it was due to go to ensure we got a place. They take the first 40 (I think) which meant that everyone got a place the day that we went. Water sports were good – Hobies, paddle board, canoes etc. There were other vendors doing jet skis, para sailing etc. We looked at snorkelling but decided against it as we were focusing on the Kite Surfing. The main kite-surfing beach is only a few minutes away. I had spotted this beach on a previous trip to TCI as it is waist deep for a few kilometres so perfect to learn. It was a blast and I can highly recommend one of the schools to go with.

The shop was well stocked and there was plenty of ClubMed gear and on sale not too expensive.

Checkout is at 10am. There isn’t anywhere to shower and change prior to departure which is a bit of a nuisance prior to a 12-hour flight. Both transfers to and from the airport were on time, comfortable and short.

Even though the resort was full we had no problems getting loungers on the beach at anytime of the day. The pool was harder to do this after the morning rush.

Finally, but not least, the staff. Always happy and chatty. Did their job perfectly – well done all.

Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you for your detailed review! It sounds like you had an absolutely amazing stay at Club Med Turkoise. We're thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy so many of the activities throughout your stay and we hope to see you back again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I spent 9 days at club med in this past December 2019, for a pickle ball extravaganza. The amenities were good. The beach was beautiful, the food was good, the rooms were adequate. Our problem was the air conditioning in our room. For the first several days our air conditioning was good, but for the last 5 days it would not go below 75 degrees. After playing pickle ball for a few hours and coming in from 80 degree outside temperature it would be nice to have a comfortable room. The maintenance came 3 times to correct the problem and finally left a note saying they could not resolve the problem. I spoke to a manager about the problem and filled out a complaint form. You would think some type of accommodation would be made such as a different room or reduction in fee but none was forthcoming.

1  Thank Coastal795073

Hello Coastal795073,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read that overall your enjoyed your vacation with us, but regret that your vacation was not completely trouble free and you had issues with the air conditioning.

We truly apologize that your experience was less than what you expected as our only intention is to provide you with a superb and relaxing vacation experience. At your earliest convenience, we ask you to please contact our guest relations department at us.guestrelations.com to review your concerns.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a beautiful Club Med resort soon.

-Your Club Med Team

6th Time at Turkoise: Another Terrific Vacation

My husband and I recently returned from another amazing week at Club Med Turkoise, We spent many days lounging on the beach, participated in water aerobics, some yoga, we danced every night and did crazy signs. It was a necessary prescription for two post holiday season/work stressed adults who needed chill time and fun. Throughout the trip we met many people to talk to—both vacationers and staff. We dressed up with the color codes, and in addition to dancing, enjoyed the nightly performances.

The current GOs are a talented, upbeat group. The shows were superb, the GOs were funny comics, sang well, and were excellent dancers. The costumes and sets are professional. Some favorites-- the talent show and “The Music Factory.” The circus/ gymnastics performance was also spectacular.

The GOs were always visible, coordinating activities and providing care. A shout out to Giulia, Boris, Irlanda, Camille, Angie, Mykael, Harrison, Sidney, Ann, Alan and Alex for treating guests so royally and for taking care of things. And to Lance who took over as CDV temporarily that week, in addition to his regular responsibilities as Chief of Happiness and did an excellent job. (Hello to Juju. See you next time.)
We found Giulia to be a very thorough and cordial manager who oversaw things as well. Many of the GOs sat with us and talked over lunch or dinner. I love our Club med conversations with good people: GOs and GMs.

The food was excellent with chefs who were also attentive and friendly and cooked the food on site. There were many different choices. My favorites: seafood and vegetables, cheeses and salads. The soups were yummy after a day at the beach. My husband enjoyed the pork and the vegetable dishes. There were also many tasty desserts and of course all kinds of bread including chocolate bread. I found the food to be enjoyable, plentiful and of high quality.

I cannot put into words what a great time we had every single moment of every day. I applaud Turkoise for its attention to its guests. Every day at Turkoise is a celebration.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank cathyp706

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you had another terrific vacation at Club Med Turkoise and we're already looking forward to your next visit. - The Club Med Team