Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$559
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$550
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$1,113
$697
Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$847
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$605
Travelocity
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$434
$364
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$176
$171
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$280
$252
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$278
$250
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$918
6,346 results
All reviewscircus teamchief of the villagecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadland sportsaqua gymmain barevening showsmusic factorymike clarkewater aerobicsflying trapezesummer camp for adultsbig dtennis lessonsdifferent themewhite night
Reviewed December 9, 2004

My girlfriend and I just returned from a week at Turkoise. On the first 4 days, Club Med was hosting a "travel agent convention". They really put on a great show. It was non-stop partying. After they left, it calmed down alittle, but towards the 6 day it got busy again. Personally, we went on 2 excursions. The sunset cruise and the beach cruise. I'd recommened the sunset cruise for couples. If you do snorkeling, do it for free at Club Med. Don't rent a rental car cause there is nothing on the island, but its cool driving on the left side of the road. Walk 15 minutes on the beach for a few shops in town if you wish. Dont get a massage either. They girls aren't that good and it was a waste of money. And best of all, if you got a room near "Sharkies" your set. Sharkies is their snack bar thats open in the afternoons and late evenings. The G.O.'s are awesome and very friendly. This is a great place for couples & singles as well. Overall, we had a great time. I wanted to cry when I left. Dont do the week, do 10 days there!

• Stayed: December 2004
11  Thank Rubber_Mike
Boston, MA.
Reviewed November 29, 2004

3 of us girls went to Club Med for a week this past April. We all agree it was a fabulous vacation. The food was gourmet, the drinks were potent, the beaches prestine. The staff were friendly, some a bit too friendly with a few guests, but guess that is why over 18 only allowed. I enjoyed myself to the fullest. One thing though...if you want to snorkel do it for free of Club Med's beaches. They will give you the gear, rather than pay for a day excersion. It was a waste of money...

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 22, 2004

Hello. I just returned from Club Med in Turks and Caicos. I was there from 09 November to 22 November. Here is my review:

PROS:
1. Turks and Caicos is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen and CM is right there, smack dab in the middle of it (there are MUCH MUCH better condo/hotels - I stayed in one for 4 nights - but if you want that beach location for a cheaper price, stay at CM).
2. CM had a great internet deal
3. Turks and Caicos is expensive - cab rides and restaurants, especailly. It is very nice to have your meals included.
4. CM keeps the alcohol coming all day until 4 in the morning, and this includes hard liquor. So, if you're into pounding the booze, CM is the place!
5. You can pig out. The food is decent.
6. LOTS OF WATER SPORTS! YES! But there are many others that you have to pay extra for if you get bored with going to the same snorkle spots, and it can get rather pricey so watch out cuz it's tempting to spend
7. All age groups. Couples and singles. Nice mix of people
8. There is a min fridge and a hairdryer in the room

CONS:
1. If you aren't French, or French Canadian, you may feel out of it. Americans are the minority. I'm serious. There were 4 of us from CA and a couple form Jersey and that was about it.
2. The people are not all that friendly! It wasn't at all what I expected!
3. The rooms are like dorm rooms! The floors are dirty and there are bugs everywhere. And I was in an updated room! Terrible reading light, so don't think you're going to get much reading done in your room at night. Hardly any water pressure in the shower. And the not updated rooms? They are a bit bigger (odd), but much funkier.
4. They put people at tables during meals who don't even speak the same language. Very uncomfortable!
5. Surprised by how many people preferred to drink rather than do anything at all
6. Exercis classes are WAY too easy and very short. Like the relaxation class was only 20 minutes long.
7. They are doing constant renovation right now and it's a pain. Noise, etc.
8. There are blocks of time when there isn't much to do - like after the sun goes down (it goes down early) and before dinner. They should offer other things to do at night, like additional exercise classes or something. Even a jewlery making class. Something!
9. If you want to check email from there be warned! It sucks and is expensive. You're better off to walk into town and go to an internet cafe.
10. They say to pack light but almost everyone dresses up (the men, too!) for disco at night! Not expecting that.
11. You do need to let yourself go and get into the dumb games and stuff, but it's hard to do when everything is spoken in French. Some of the games were pretty lame. Good thing there is free booze.
12. Don't go expecting the food to be stellar. and watch the meals times. It's not like there is food available 24/7
13. Watch out for the club med time and sign up for things early! Snorkle and sailing trips fill up fast!
14. Maids want to clean the rooms early.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed November 14, 2004

I was at Club Med Turkoise from 11/2 to 11/11. It was a wonderful trip. Where to begin. THE BEACH/ENVIRONMENT - Great. The sand is divine, the beach is large and uninhabited. The water is warm and there are no rocks to get in the way. The Club sits in Grace Bay which is big, so there is plenty of space for water sports. And, Club Med bascially has the only water sports around so you have a nice open area. And, there is enough wind to get in some windsurfing - but it wasn't too windy so it was great for me as a newbie surfer. The weather was always warm but never hot. I wondered if I could ever get a sunburn down here. But, another guest told me he did so I guess it isn't really perfect. THE ROOMS - okay this was the one disappointment for me. I had a renovated couples room. I never saw an unrenovated one. A guest had one and said they were quite disappionted. None of the rooms have balconies or views of the ocean. Instead, the buildings are shaped in a "C" and look into a grassy area. What were the architects thinking??? A few feet away from breathtaking beaches and no one gets to see them. The room was clean and frillless. I don't know what you care about air conditioning. I personally like to feel the real air and so don't like air conditioning. But the way the rooms are designed there is no real cross ventilation so the rooms can get a little warm. And there are a few bugs (nothing near major but bring bug spray), so it would be nice if they had a window system that had screens. The rooms had air conditioning though, and I could see it was a mixed bag of those who used it and those who didn't. I liked the bathroom. It was small. But as part of the renovation it had a glass shower and nice blue mosaic tiles. It held a lot of stuff easily in that small space. The bed was bad. It was low and no way could anyone consider it comfortable. THE STAFF/GO's - Always great. I never met any that were unfriendly - as I partly expected from reviews. All were kind and polite. Remember most are younger kids and they might be a little nervous with some of you more established "finished" people. I did scuba, circus, and boating. And, the people handling those activities were professional, helpful, and fun. I got my PADI scuba certification while there and am very pleased. There are a number of "belongers" - local island people who also work there. I saw that they were as friendly and helpful as the imported staff people. THE ISLAND - it seems like the island is a little more well-off than the typical beach island in the area. The island itself was low on tourist stops but the people were all friendly and the island clean and well kept. I would go back in a minute and hope that all of you that do go have at least half the time I did. GENERAL NOTES - i had a massage and was unimpressed. I like a tough sports massage and asked for one. The girl barely touched my muslces. It was swedish with a little force. My partner had the same experience with a different girl, so it might be universal. I had my massage in the a.m. when they use an outdoor cabana by the ocean. Very nice! FOOD - it was great, and I am picky. there was a great selection and you had many many choices. There is only one buffet restaurant and there is a speciality restaurant that is open a few nights a week that you must reserve (call the a.m. of the day before because it goes quickly). Now, I don't know why it goes at all. It isn't any better than the food at the buffet and your choices are very limited (2 soups/salad, 3 entrees, 2 desserts, and only one type of dinner roll). With all the variety of the buffet it seems a much better option. And, I say this even though generally, at resorts like this I have found the reservation restaurant to be better and a nice treat. (You can get a small table there though and eat only with your own party). I am sure I am leaving out really helpful information, and I'm sorry for that. Just GO! Have a great time, unwind and enjoy yourself. Unless you are a super demanding uptight person you will not be disappointed. And if you are a super up tight demanding person, don't go to this Club Med. No one wants people like you sitting with them at meal time going over your list of complaints, its a real bummer.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 21, 2004

My rating of Club Med Turks is actually 3.5, but I rounded up to 4 based on the hospitality shown by the Club when they gave myself and all other affected guests a free night after our departure flight was delayed a day due to Hurricane Jeanne hitting Miami.
I went down to Turks for 7 nights with my girlfriend at the end of September. We're in our late twenties and make it down to the islands once a year, though this was our first trip to T&C. I read all the reviews here before I booked, and it seemed like a mixed bag. I got a great price ($715/person land), so figured it was worth the gamble. Looking back on it, I'd consider doing it again in a few years if I got a similar deal.
This resort really is for people who are laid back and don't need a lot of help and massaging to have a good time on a vacation. Translation: if you want a nice room, lots of amenities, and a staff which will cater to your every whim, you're going to the wrong place. Personally, I like quality time with my girlfriend, a great beach, good weather, and lots to drink. Club Med Turkoise delivered on all those fronts for me.

Rooms: the rooms are nothing to write home about, but you get used to them after a couple days. For the low price I was paying, I wasn't expecting anything fancy. I got a "non-renovated superior" room, and from what I saw the "renovated rooms" weren't much of an upgrade, so don't overspend for those. The TVs got lots of channels, which was good on the nights we stayed in. The beds weren't good, but I didn't think they were as uncomfortable as some others did.

Beach: the beach really is to die for. Way better than Jamaica or Punta Cana, in my opinion. Club Med has a large beach, and there was never any problem getting a beach chair. The weather was great every day. Most people hung out at the pool as opposed to the beach, and I have no idea why.

Atmosphere: most of the guests were really nice. Lots of people from NY/NJ, and a few from the midwest. Plenty of Europeans, too, especially French. Everyone seemed to want to have a good time. We met a really cool couple from St. Louis, and spent most of the week hanging out with them. Most everyone seemed social, but not overbearing. So whether you want some alone-time with your companion or if you want to make friends, it wasn't a problem the week I was there. As far as the staff, I hate to say this because there were a couple GO's who really did try to be pleasant and take pride in their jobs (Mario, Josh, Nancy, etc.), but the comparisons of most GO's to a high-school clique is pretty much dead-on. No problem with me, as I wasn't there to become buddy-buddy with the staff (most of them seemed pretty dorky anyway), but if you are you better make sure you're an attractive single female, because those were the only guests who received much attention from the male GOs. And most of the female GOs didn't even look like they wanted to be there. Speaking of which, the single guys at the Club weren't having much luck at all. There were some really cool guys down there by themselves who probably don't have much trouble scoring back home in the states, but at Club Med it's the GOs who seemed to be getting all the women (which is good for the male GOs, since that seemed to be all they cared about). And forget about hooking up with any of the female GOs, unless you're Vin Diesel or Brad Pitt. Some of those girl GOs have egos to the moon, and if you got even a smile from one of them when they're making your drink, savor it because they don't come often.

Food and Drinks: I wasn't expecting anything of the food, and when I heard that the specialty restaurant was closed due to the previous hurricanes, my expectations fell even lower. Much to my surprise, the buffet was incredible. A different theme every night kept it from getting old, and I was really impressed with some of the dishes, and especially the desserts. The drinks were good too. The local beer (Turks Head) wasn't bad, and they also served Corona, Coors Light, and I think MGD. The mixed drinks taste fine as long as you ask for double shots. If you like to drink, you could do a lot worse than this resort. The Sharky's beach bar was fun with live music at sunset and late night drinks and snacks for those who are still standing.

Island: the Provo island wasn't much to look at (not like other spots in the Caribbean with palm trees everywhere and lots of colors). Aside from the great beaches, there's not much else there. We did one excursion where we dived for conch and visited Iguana Island. This was $65/person, and I thought it was worth it as you got to go to different beaches in TC, all of which are beautiful.

Entertainment: Cheesy, with a capital "C". But this isn't Vegas or Broadway, so I wasn't expecting anything more. Most nights we either hung out at the bar (which turned into a dancing area after the show) or took walks on the beach.

Recommendations: lots of sunscreen and lots of bug spray (the insects really do come out at night). Bring a medicine bag (w/ stuff like Advil, Pepto, bandaids, etc.). Also, if you like to drink, bring a big cup (30 - 40 oz.) for the bartender to fill so you don't have to go back and forth to the bar when you're on the beach. Also, Club Med seemed to shuttle everyone out to the airport a lot earlier than necessary. After a quick check-in (the Provo airport is very small and doesn't have much traffic), we were sitting around for 90 minutes waiting to board. That being said, think about taking your own taxi and leaving 45 min later if you'd rather hang out at the CM bar or restaurant than the Provo airport. And an FYI for those who send post cards: I sent four and none of them arrived to the recipients.

Overall: go with an open mind and you'll have a great time. This isn't Beaches or Sandals, so if you want the ammenities and the service those types of places offer, you better be willing to pony up the money and go there instead. Indeed, the days of Club Med being "the place" to go in the Caribbean are definitely over, with many of their Clubs having shut down, and the remaining ones, like Turkoise, looking outdated. If you want a nice room, personalized service, and lots of options for dining and entertainment, this isn't your resort. To the couples who went here for after their wedding and are now complaining about it, I hope you put more effort into your marriage than you did in planning your honeymoon, because a simple bit of research would tell you should have booked the Beaches T&C down the road (for double the price). On the other hand, if you know what to expect going in, this is a pretty good value for the dollar. I wouldn't go here again in the near future because there are so many other places to go and Club Med didn't leave that strong of an impression on me. But I did have a good time, and for the right price I would consider returning in a few years.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member