Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos
Gansevoort Turks + Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$550
Alexandra Resort(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$559
Seven Stars Resort & Spa(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$697
Beach House Turks & Caicos(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$847
Villa Renaissance(Grace Bay)(Great Value!)
$605
Travelocity
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$364
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$281
$171
Hotels.com
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$280
$252
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$278
$250
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$918
$612
6,337 results
All reviewscircus teamchief of the villagecrazy signsthe white chocolate breadland sportsaqua gymmain barevening showsmusic factorymike clarkewater aerobicsflying trapezesummer camp for adultsbig dtennis lessonsdifferent themewhite night
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Club Med Turkoise was appealing to us because of the activities offered, the beautiful location and that it is the only adult Club Med in the Caribbean. In preparation I reviewed Trip Advisor reports and became concerned that the facility was a bit run down. I also made a list of extra items to bring, based some of the feedback. What a waste of time and worry! None of those complaints mattered to our enjoyment of this vacation.

We had a great time at this Club for all of the reasons that are described in other reports - fantastic G.Os, excellent food, amazing beach, impressive evening shows, fun dancing, interesting people, and days full of activities. The snorkling trip took us to an excellent reef with gear that was in great conditon. We rented a jeep through Monica for a day and explored the island of Provo so that we could get a better feel for the island. Driving around confirmed that Club Med has the best location. We enjoyed eating with folks from the States and Canada and becoming friends with some. On one day of rain the staff quickly adapted and brought out indoor activities while we pulled out our books. I was especially proud to complete a catch on the trapeze, achieved only because of the terrific circus team. G.Os who enhanced our stay were many, including Mylyn (land sports), Kelsey (events manager), Sandy and Kyle (bar), Daniel (sailing), and Village chiefs Vincent and Jeff.

And then our return flight was canceled...

Blizzard "Nemo" was forecast to hit NYC and Boston on our day of return, so over 1000 flights were canceled. By the time we were on the phone to Jet Blue all the empty seats off the island were taken the following two days, so we were not able to depart until three days later than planned. Our texts to friends and family reporting that we were "stranded at Club Med" received little sympathy, but we then wondered where we were going to sleep, given that Club Med was full.

That's when we realized the benefit of booking a Club Med vacation "package" where you pay them for both the airfare and the hotel. Some of the booked rooms became available because their new occupants were stranded up north (they got our sympathy!). Their rooms were given first to guests who bought the package, underscoring how they take special care of those who spend more with them. Not only that, the fine print I hadn't read said that Club Med would cover the cost of such extra nights for free with the package! Once all the confusion was sorted through by the amazing reception crew (MiHo, Lauren, etc), we were able to stay and not even change rooms!

Parky2u's post of Oct 20, 2012 expresses our overal reaction best. "What really makes Club Med different is the "culture" of the place - the "feel" - created by both the guests and the staff... I've been to other resorts... those were trips. This was a vacation."

We plan to go again next year and will certainly book the package deal!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee Jean F
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Turkoise, Turks & Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Lee Jean F,
Thank you for the review of our resort! We're extremely happy that you enjoyed our beaches, resort activities, snorkeling, dining and service! We're also glad to hear that our package was able to improve your stay. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just spent a week of vacation at Turkoise and came back enchanted.
If you are looking for relaxation/sports/entertainment and without forgetting the most beautiful beach, this will be your place.
Don't expect too much with the rooms, they are outdated but yet comfortable. It is not the Ritz Carlton but who cares, you are on the beach and you probably will be in your room just to sleep and shower, the rest of the time,,,it happens OUTSIDE.
The GO's go out of their ways to please you, they just do not stop from early morning to late at night.
The food is diverse and for all taste, every night there is a country theme and the food goes along with it.
We do not really drink, so it did not matter to us if premium liquor is over priced.

But the highlight of this place really is the beach: gorgeous!!!

All of it for a great price with no comparable in the area. So may call it A GREAT DEAL.

We are going back in March, that is how much we liked it.

Enjoy your stay if you are planning on going.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nicolas D,
Thank you for your review of Club Med Turkoise! We are so happy that you were pleased with our beaches, dining options, staff members, accommodations, resort activities, and entertainment. Once again, thanks for sharing this review with us and we can't wait to see you in March!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

When deciding where to spend our Christmas holiday/family reunion this year I read multiple reviews from tripadvisor and was overwhelmed. But, after extensive research we decided on Club Med – Turks and Caicos and I am sooooo very pleased we did. We have 3 adult children, 22, 26, 30 who are very fit and active. It was important that we find a place with good temps in December, a wonderful beach, good food, lots to do - but yet not break the bank. As you will have gathered from other reviews, the resort is old and needs upgrading but it was all and more than we expected. The rooms are spotless – not big or elaborate but perfect for the 10 days we spent over Christmas. The GO’s work very hard to bring a positive energy and a good vibe to the resort.
You will not find fine dining on the resort but the food was wonderful; you would have to be an enormous snob if you complained! There were always mounds of fresh fruit and vegetables, salad fixings, meat.......you name it – you could generally find it. If it’s fine dining you want – then go elsewhere but for us, a family of 5 who love good, healthy eating – it was marvellous. I noticed in other reviews there was mention about the alcohol being watered down??? We never noticed this at all. Drinks packed a punch, selection was great and there was always more available. The pool was great – crystal clear and clean. The grounds were spotless! The beach was fantastic! The snorkelling was out of this world (with the exception of one day where the people outnumbered the equipment - no big deal!). We brought our own equippment as we were uncertain of the quality at the resort - we wasted time and effort doing this as the equippment was more than adequate. And, I don’t know how they did it but the resort was transformed for Christmas – the meal was fantastic and the entertainment that evening was superb!
If you want the best beach on the Island, clean and comfortable accommodations, friendly service, and abundance of good healthy food with lots and lots activities and your finger tips.............AND not break the bank..............then this is the place for you! We wondered about being away for Christmas - not having snow and below zero temps but after spending Christmas at Club Med T&C – well................ all 5 of us left the resort knowing we would be back again!

Room Tip: We stayed near the tennis courts - and Sharky's - perfect spot for us!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirls16

Dear Shirls16,
Thank you for the review! We're excited that you enjoyed our dining options, resort activities, service entertainment and accommodations. Once again, thanks for the review and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Looking for a reasonably priced adult’s only, all-inclusive resort in a fabulous location like Grace Bay, Provo, Caicos? Look no further. Club Med Turkoise is such a great value! The one big PRO of this resort is the location, location, location! My husband and I are not typically the type to lie around all day on the beach, but the water was just mesmerizing. We found ourselves more relaxed than on other vacations within hours of arrival. Our room was on the first floor of a D/E wing and had an ocean view. In close proximity was Sharkies, the sailing shack, the trapeze and of course, the gorgeous beach!

At the resort, we vegged on the beach while having cold beverages and hot, grilled food from Sharkies. The GOs were always very pleasant and helpful. We took advantage of the free amenities and sailed and kayaked a couple of times. In place of taking tours, we chose to rent a car and explored Coral Gardens snorkeling right off of the beach, local cuisine and visited the Conk Farm and “the Hole”. All in all, it was a great vacation with good food and pleasant people. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation and are not looking for luxury accommodations, I would advise considering this resort.

The pros: Lots of fun amenities included. Decent food and drinks and lots of it – LOVED the desert bar and French cuisine night! Very pleasant and helpful staff – Menou, dinner wait staff, was such a piece of sunshine to add to the end of our beach lounging days. Kyle was a particularly pleasant bartender at Sharkies and did an awesome job keeping up with the demand of the customers. The manager went out of his way to speak with us on several occasions. The front desk, the tour desk, the store attendants, the chefs – all were so helpful and always ready to put a smile on your face. Oh, and don’t forget – the beach!

The “not-so” pros: Does the resort need some work? Sure. I've not found many value resorts right on the beach that didn't. To my knowledge, the staff were extremely accommodating when requested to make improvements to rooms. For example, I heard a couple request and receive two mattress pads to soften their bed. We were fine with our bed and didn’t request improvements, but I admit we have been cruisers long enough to experience much harder beds.

When looking to book this resort, keep in mind the value of your vacation and be sure to compare to other resorts in this location which offer adults only, all-inclusive options and amenities included. I think you’ll find this to be an excellent choice.

Thanks for a fantastic vacation, Turkoise!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sailacat31

Dear Sailacat31,
Thank you for the review of our resort! We're thrilled you enjoyed our location, beaches, resort activities, amenities, water sports, and service. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just returned from my first visit to Club Med Turkoise, which I am happy to announce it is still Adults ONLY and needs to remain so! I had been to a dozen or so All inclusives but this was my first experience with Club Med.
I stayed Feb 2 – 9 and had an excellent time. I am a single male in my early 40’s and I travelled alone, if that matters to anyone reviewing this.
The resort is about a 15 -20 minute ride from the airport to the club. We were greeted by many fantastic GO members and then guided to our rooms.
The one stand out on my arrival was Lorna. She had the biggest and warmest smile as she greeted and waived to all of us on that busy and confusing day. I was fortunate to interact with Lorna several times over my vacation and was always happy to see her great smile and warm personality.
The rooms are as you will read, plain. There is not much to expect but they are comfy enough. You have a bed, enough storage space for a weeks’ vacation and a separate room for showering needs. Oh and there is a small TV, which I only turned on once.
I did have a few issues when I first got to my room. I had ants all over the desk and bathroom sink and my air conditioning did not work. I reported these issues to Lorna, and within 2 hours they had fixed the air conditioning, sprayed and cleaned up the ants. By the end of the week I had noticed a few more ants here and there, but I kept everything in my room sealed to avoid any swarming. (Remember this is the tropics and some bugs are to be expected.)
If you are looking to spend a majority of your time in the room, you may want to spend your vacation somewhere else, as Turkoise is not your place.
There is so much activity going on, you can keep yourself busy from early morning until very late at night. I wanted to try to yoga class, but it started a little too early for me and the evening yoga would have interrupted my happy hour. They do offer many fitness activities throughout the entire day. The activities range from Zumba, to pool/ocean aerobics, beach volley ball, trapeze, tennis, basketball and boot camps, for those interested in healthy lifestyles. Their gym was also very clean and had just the right amount of workout equipment you would expect at a Caribbean resort.
The resort was reportedly filled to capacity during my visit, but I could never tell, as the resort was so spread out I could not tell how crowded it was.
Eric and Dan were very helpful for the sailing, kayak and paddle boards. I did take advantage of the sailing on two occasions and was lucky enough to go on the expedition to Iguana Island. I was also fortunate enough to go with two lovely ladies and Eric, who was the lead sailor. He takes great pride in his work and was very knowledgeable of sailing and Turks.
On the trip back from Iguana Island, I could not tell where the resort was, as it is hidden by the tree line. Eric was proud to point out that the resort was designed that way. From the water it was much more appealing to the eye than some of the behemoth structures that littered the rest of the beach. I wish other resorts would have deigned their hotels in this fashion.
For late afternoon fun and snacks, I would go to Sharkie’s on the beach. Most days Henry, who always had a big smile was there to provide the best burger, hot dog or wraps that I could ask for. I personally thought the wraps were the best thing there, but everyone has their own opinion and friends I made really liked the burgers too.
The bartender my first day was Kyle. She was one of the best at the resort during my stay. I read some reviews prior to my visit referencing weak drinks and whatnot, but they must not have met Kyle (or anyone else that served me throughout my visit.) Eric, Javier and Zack also spent some time at Sharkie’s and my female friends were happy to see them.
My favorite night time bartenders were the lovely and always smiling Johanny, and later in the week Sandra (another personal favorite.) One of the other bartenders worth mentioning throughout my visit was Marc. He was relatively new to the resort, but was quite helpful and knowledgeable. All the bartenders are very friendly and were very attentive towards all the GM’s. I did have some issues with rudeness and cutting in line, but that was mainly from other GM’s who felt they did not have to wait. These offenders were a mix of both Americans and Canadians. My only complaint with the bar staff is that at times, especially during the late afternoon performances at Sharkie’s, a second bartender or manager should have come out to keep the lines down to a minimum. Sharkie’s can get very crowded for people going to watch the performer, and most of it was due to the long lines at the bar, or people waiting for food.
I had read that the weekly entertainment prior to my trip was not so great. We had Pete from Canada the week I was there. Although he was not able to play my request (Whipping Post) he was really good for the setting. He knew a ton of music and was very talented to boot! I did wish his set was longer than it was, as he only played for 1 – 1.5 hours per day.
The nightly entertainment provided by the staff also seemed to have mixed reviews. The one thing not to miss is the Friday Night Circus show. It was truly amazing. Although some of my friends were shushed by some of the GM’s, we were all amazed at the feats the GO’s displayed. It was undoubtedly the best performance of the week and rivaled shows I have seen in Vegas and elsewhere.
The food at the main buffet was better than expected. Please note that this is not a 5 star resort, but everyone I talked to was quite surprised how fantastic all the food was. My favorite night was Mexican themed, and I wished I hadn’t had the late snack at Sharkie’s that day. Travelling alone, it is a little nerve racking eating alone, but the staff encourages you to sit with other GM’s and often joins in for a meal (thank you Alyssio of the Finance Dept for joining us on day # 1)
I made friends with Hakim, who was also very friendly and encouraged me to try different foods I normally would not have eaten. He was very knowledgeable of food preparedness and very proud of his work (and he should be, it was very good!)
One minor suggestion would be for Club Med. This was my first visit to a Club Med, and I was not sure what to expect. I receive e-mails almost daily regarding sales since I became a member. It would have helped me plan out my trip a little better had I received some type of communication from Club Med or from Turkoise regarding their themed nights. Most nights had themed nights, where GM’s were encouraged to wear a certain color outfit to match the night’s activities. Had I known, I would have packed accordingly.
Overall this was an amazing trip. If you are looking for one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, with the clearest water, then you need to go to Turks (if you find my sunglasses, turn them into the front desk.) If you are looking for an active adults only resort with friendly and outgoing staff members, then you need to give Club Med a try.

I am planning several trips back to Turkoise in the next 12 months, but they need to stay Adults only. It would be a travesty to allow it to become a family resort. There are plenty of family resorts in Turks, but they have created a niche and should ensure GM’s like myself and others who are travelling alone to feel welcome. This Club Med would lose so much of its charm and uniqueness if it were to become a family resort.

Room Tip: To avoid bugs, stay on the 2nd or 2rd floors. There are no elevators so you will need to have the ability to traverse a flight or two of stairs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank MatthewGGGG

Dear MatthewGGGG,
Thanks for the review of Club Med Turkoise. We love that you enjoyed our entertainment, beaches, and service. We will be passing your kind words on to our staff. We are very sorry for the problems you encountered in your room during your visit. Please know that this is not the norm for Club Med in any way. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Your Club med Team