“Really uncomfortable”
Review of Air Canada Rouge

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really hate to give such a low rating but boy oh boy this was a very uncomfortable flight. I truly can’t remember if I’ve ever flown Rouge before and simply equated it with Air Canada.......WRONG! The seats are small, hot fabric and with little room. We were three regular sized ladies and it was a struggle to get comfortable. We were scheduled to leave at 7:15am on January 1 and were delayed due to catering not ready then ground crew moving to another gate. I understand it’s not the airline’s fault but it just added to the misery. The real clincher though is that when we ordered our item from the menu, they didn’t have any . Whatever we ended up ordering was awful and put in the garbage. I will likely avoid Rouge unless it’s a matter of life or death, like Sunwing!

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (7,557)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I say Very Good for two reasons, our attendant was courteous, observant and perceptive - she deserves a 10 rating, wish I could recall her name. Our pilot(s) kept us totally informed once we were on the aircraft - wish the staff at CSL did that. Even with snow and ice remnants it was the smoothest landing I've experienced in a very long time. Our flight was delayed due to weather, obviously nothing to complain about this time of year.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank M M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew Air Canada Rouge for the first and LAST time to get to Lisbon for our Viking River Cruise. The seats were tiny and uncomfortable. There was no entertainment for an international flight!! That’s right! No screens either in seat backs or overhead. You have to pay for beverages and the food was terrible. For breakfast after flying all night we were handed a cold almost frozen piece of what might have been banana bread wrapped in plastic and a very small cup of coffee -no refills. Never again!!!

Date of travel: November 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a basic flight. You get what you pay for, a flight to your destination. That seems to be the way of modern air travel. Too many people get on board and start complaining immediately. If they have not paid for their seats and have been placed apart, then they want people who have paid to sit together to switch so that they can sit with their partners. A young woman even asked my daughter to leave her six year old, who was asleep, to move so that she, the young woman, could sit with her boyfriend! She offered to let my daughter know if he woke up and was upset! AC Rouge is a good way to get from A to B as long as you can accept its limitations.

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank ReddOak
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although we previously stated that we had no trouble with Air Canada Rouge, we were essentially writing about Air Canada. Rouge is a different airline. The planes are cramped. There are no plug-ins for charging devices, on our plane there was no in-flight entertainment of any kind, including music. On a long flight in this day and age this is simply unacceptable.

Date of travel: August 2019