“First time ”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Well I have been hearing all this jargon about frontier this frontier that, my first time traveling and loved it everything was great, I will be using this airline more often then when traveling to Denver.

1  Thank juanz564
Write a ReviewReviews (11,337)

Reviewed November 26, 2017

I would like to share our terrible experience with Frontier airline flight representatives in Cancun! The following name are Mario Alberto P-15593 and supervisor Cinthia Ruiz P155656. When we checked in with 3 bags at the counter, 2 bags were over weighs, my husband took bags to fix the weight at the checked in counter the lady came out and keep telling us we have to pay when my husband told her don’t worry I will make 3 bags with required weight. When he finished and checked the wait all bags were fin and the lady was busy with other passengers so we went to another frontier rep. she call him and tell him to pay attention to us. These people followed us in Cancun airport to the second floor and were looking for us and calculated how many peace’s we have, it was 3 of us. At the air plane when we presented 3 passports Mario took us outside from the line. We had 3 peace’s to take with us on the plane and duty free bags, my husband had snorkeling equipment which they want us to pay for I believe 70$, Mario spoke on the phone with supervisor in Spanish and toll her that we tried to escape and not pay for additional 1 item. They hold us, my grandson is 4 years old was crying asking why they don't let us into air plane, when my husband left his equipment at the airport they did additional security check on me and finally when all 240 passengers were entered the plain, they let us in. We are using Frontier a lot, but Cancun experience completely made my vacation wrong! We will never use Frontier to go outside USA again. Philadelphia to Cancun was perfect!

3  Thank zayka65
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

I’ve never written a review for an airline however this airline is so horrible it would be inexcusable not to warn other potential victims. It may seem you are getting a cheap ticket but when they charge for $40-65 per checked bag AND CARRY ONS your paying 20-30% more. On top of really crappy service. Also expected to wait at least 30-45 minutes for your check bags.
Avoid Frontier airline at all costs. In my research after the fact, they are ranked one of the worst airlines in the US. Do your homework! Don’t be me. :(

3  Thank justiceinaustin
Reviewed November 25, 2017

I was scheduled to take the red-eye 11:58 pm and my flight was delayed 2 hours initially. After boarding the pilot tells us that the Captain was a no-show and we needed to deplane until they could find a replacement but the soonest that they could estimate would be around 3:30 am. I am grateful that I didn't have any urgent place to be considering the flight time and time change. The flight attendants were very pleasant and professional although I could tell they too were exhausted. Frontier did e-mail me a $50 travel voucher towards my next flight. This airline offers great deals just make sure that you pack your patience

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

First time flyer with Frontier. Could not fault this service. Booking through to check in and boarding was fast, no frill airline, but staff were exceptional- friendly and very efficient. Unbelievable value for money.