“had a delay”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed November 20, 2018

had a delay first thing in morning cost us a day by the pool. WestJet added $100 to our rewards account which I appreciated. WestJet is a great company for a limited market business.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,800)

Reviewed November 20, 2018

Flight to Nashville was great as we had a larger plane than anticipated, small economy plane on the way home which was fine, there's just always a constant humming from the prop which i understand is unavoidable. I always love traveling with WestJet.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed November 19, 2018

Our flight boarded and took off on time.

Sat in economy and paid $30 for a piece of checked luggage. GET AN EMAIL RECEIPT AS YOU MUST SHOW IT AT THE AIRPORT DURING CHECK IN.

There was A LOT of turbulence coming in to Toronto as we were flying and landed in the first snow storm, however our pilot and the stewardesses were very comforting and assured us that the pilot would be able to safely navigate the elements.

There are no TV's, but there is a Westjet Entertainment App, and if you are not in Economy plus you have to pay for alcohol as well as any snacks.

Reviewed November 19, 2018

This airline is absolutely horrible. We were delayed on the first flight on our way from Phoenix to London. On our connecting flight through Canada we had waited 4 hours for the layover, then as we were walking through the line to get onto the plane the ticket scanning person notifies that our other connecting flight had been cancelled due to maintenance issues and that we would be bumped until 6:00 the next day. That would put us 28 hours behind schedule considering that it was only 2:00 pm. I asked why we had not been notified of the change and was told that because we had called and not made our reservations online that there was no way to get a hold of us. My husband was livid and we told them that this was not acceptable considering we had already pre payed for our hotel rooms and this would cause us to lose hundreds of dollars. They re routed us to British airways but we had to give up our business class tickets for seats in the very back next to the toilets. That was a disappointment but ok so long as we would be able to reach our destination. I thought that would be the end of it. We got to London and went to pick up our bags and as it turns out WestJet never sent our bags over to BritishAirways. They have NO idea where they are or when we will be receiving them. So now at this moment we are in London during in chilling, rainy weather and we don't have the proper shoes or clothing to allow us to do our activities we have been planning for MONTHS. We have had no updates for 2 days except that they don't know where they are. I am wearing the same clothes I was at the airport. My hair is disgusting. We finally used our precious time to go and buy coats and shoes and underwear. British Airlines sent us on our way with a small one day supply of toiletries that doesn't include conditioner for you hair and did include a T-shirt, a T-SHIRT at the end of November in Freezing weather. They told us to save our receipts and maybe we will be compensated for any of our expenditures. I have no trust that they will do the right thing. From making us lose 2 precious days of our trip, that we have spent thousands on, to having zero accountability to their customers I will never use this airline again. My suitcase was filled with a professional camera, luxury clothing, and professional hair and makeup products. Top to bottom this vacation has been a complete disaster. Thank you West Jet for ruining a once in a lifetime experience that I will probably never be able to do over. This has left me physically and emotionally drained. I'm supposed to leave for Paris tomorrow with one set of clean clothes, no makeup, no hair products or tools, no camera. I'm furious.

1  Thank Britt8284
Reviewed November 19, 2018

We departed on November 2 from YVR - should have been at 6pm but it was delayed by almost two hours due to a delayed flight coming from Victoria with 30 passengers for our flight. Not our problem that another flight was delayed and now we had to wait two hours in the airport. This meant our evening plans in Vegas needed to be Changed...This was a disappointing way to start our trip. On the way home it was another delay, this time from Vegas. There was no explanation for the delay just that we had to wait an extra hour.....now our arrival back to Vancouver would be way after midnight also not a nice way to end the trip. We thought WestJet was a more reliable airline than that.