“Connecting Flights”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We started our trip by flying from Toronto to Calgary, had a 2 hour lay over then boarded Delta Airlines to fly to Seattle. We had a slight issue with our tickets in Toronto as they were purchased using West Jet dollars, points and cash. Once the West Jet employee managed to connect our 2 tickets, boarding passes and luggage tags were printed and we were on our way. In Calgary our bags were taken directly to the Delta plane and we had a great flight to Seattle. Both co-operators were extremely friendly, helpful and a pleasure to fly with.

1  Thank dmullally
Write a ReviewReviews (12,967)

Reviewed June 11, 2018

First time taking this particuliar flight ..it was direct both ways short and sweet and very efficent..getting to Comox airport is a bit of a maze leave enough time to take 1 of 2 options a at bridge in Courtney..The Airport is great easy on easy off..will use this flight again Well done Westjet

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018

I had connecting flights both outgoing and returning home. In both cases we were on time, except for one departure where the captain came on the speaker and explained the reason for the delay and how long we would be held back. Seats were fine. No in-flight entertainment screen, but if you BYO mobile device and download the WestJet app before departure, they provide a good range of entertainment wirelessly. Hospitality service was the usual soft drinks/coffee/little bag of cookies or pretzels with other items available for sale. Didn't see the point of premium economy, as it's just the same three-seat configuration with the middle seat blocked off with a tray. I will sometimes pay a premium for business class or higher on a long flight, but I really didn't see the appeal of their premium economy rows. That being said, this flight felt somewhat more comfortable to me than Air Canada. I travelled on one of WestJet's sale-priced tickets and paid less than half of full fare.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I am entering this Delta/West Jet review because I was very impressed with the level of customer service and clean airplanes that I experienced on the West Jet leg of my journey. Delta will do well to keep West Jet as a partner. The plane was so much cleaner and better customer service than I usually experience with US airlines.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Wow... where to start. No food was offered on the plane for 7 hours. We only were offered soft drinks, water and coffee/tea with a small bag of cookies or pretzels. Flight attendants were aggressive and rude. One lady with a blonde french braid gave attitude to many passengers when questions were asked, ripped the empty cups out of people's hands. I would always give my empties to another flight attendant because I didn't even want to look at her.
On the way home I asked for tea and they said no because of turbulence, fine I understand, but after 1.5 hours when there was no more turbulence they never brought it when they said they would.

No movies were offered on plane, you had to rent their IPads if you wanted to watch movies/shows.

I will never fly with this company again. Shocked it was this bad, I guess that is why they come up as the cheapest. I would rather pay more next time to have decent customer service.

2  Thank ashK7898NU