“Convient - Direct flight to Nassau Bahamas”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew Vancouver - Toronto - Nassau and was a good flight. Plenty of leg room on the plane. No regrets booking WestJet to Nassau for our vacation.
Crew as always are wonderful

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,175)

Dear WestJet,

My fiancee and I were just two of the many passengers affected by the chaotic events associated with flight WS 2057, which turned into, flight WS 4127. I’ve flown with WestJet for over 6 years religiously, calling Vancouver home, living in Edmonton and Toronto, flying back and forth with you every time with a few vacations to several places as well… But after the overall unprofessional and chaotic experience with just trying to get home via WestJet, as well as how the whole situation was handled… I think another airline will be my best bet next time.

We were having a great holiday and last day at our resort Now Sapphire, going home in good spirits but could definitely stay another day. We hopped on our 2:30 PM shuttle to the Cancun airport with more than enough time to have a nice last meal within the airport and get situated for our journey home. Sitting there we were told by the WestJet representatives to get our boarding passes and passports ready as we would be boarding in 20 minutes. After 30 minutes we look around and theres a delay by an hour put on the board above the gate…. fair enough. I don’t mind things happen. Then after another 1 hour theres yet another delay, but the annoying thing about this, is i found that out 15 minutes sooner from another traveller than I found out from the WestJet reps ( No Wifi in the Cancun airport or I would’ve found out myself I suppose). Everyone’s starting to get rather aggravated but I just wanted a concrete answer to enlighten my family back home whether or not we needed them to do our daycare run for us in the morning as we may not be home… The reps told us “ I don’t know”… The flight ended up being cancelled and we were left in the airport from 2:30 pm to 9:30 pm with only a sour experience to end of what was a good ending to our vacation.. Because the pilot decided he would call in sick and disrupt in the region of 150 peoples lives… I had to then incur the overage charges by my phone provider to get ahold of work colleagues telling them I would not be at work, my fiancee doing the same and letting my parents know they would need to get daycare sorted out for us… We were gradually taken back through arrivals, through customs/ immigration, baggage and to the hotel provided by WestJet.

The next day was also carried out very poorly as we were told to be up and downstairs by 6:15 am for the shuttle back to the airport, after the day we had previously, it was 6:30 am, no shuttle, I looked at my fiancee and we took a taxi to ensure we did not miss yet another flight and 2 full days of work… The shuttle was in fact an hour late… We eventually got home to Vancouver on the next flight which was only delayed another hour, with no in flight food or beverages.

Im genuinely not one to ever complain or go out of my way like this unless I’ve actually endured a very bad experience and been affected financially. I planned to see a good friend of mine with WestJet in July for his wedding, but after this experience, I’m seriously considering just committing to a different airline. It wasn’t just what happened, it was how it was carried out. Usually if a employee will not be available for work, there will be more than a notice than what there was, I would have been able to adjust my life for after the vacation and maybe even enjoyed one more day at my resort, but i would be in for a 28 hour travel day instead.. My fiancee and I missed out on an 8 hour work day and 11 hour work day for myself. Over $600 in wages, I needed to contact my family back home about my where about and when i would be home, again incurring the 12$ a day charges set out by rogers for the both of us ( 2 days each).

I know all in all, WestJet is a well run and respected company but this is a extremely unprofessional experience endured by over 150 people. I believe things do happen, nobody and nothing is perfect, but its the way you bounce back and bounce back from situations like these where your loyal customers will still stay with you. When a couple of people spend in the region of $3500 on a holiday, this is the last thing they would expect.

Please do not hesitate to get back to me and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

WestJet provided a decent flight. I upgraded to their Plus section on the leg from Vancouver to Honolulu. It was well worth the extra money. Staff are great. Very pleasant to deal with. Use of the app was easy to check in. All in all a good experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This flight was an absolute pleasure with WestJet. I was able to upgrade my seat to premium economy for no extra charge, which was great! For premium economy I got free water bottles, better snacks and a free beer on the trip home. This was a short trip, only 45 minutes in the air, but was made very pleasant by the service provided by WestJet. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flight went well after the crew finally boarded. There's the $25/bag fee which always irks me but in hindsight seems fair. Friendly crew, basic service, but it allowed me to use my AirMiles.