“West Jet to Jamaica”
Review of WestJet

Reviewed August 20, 2017

We flew on West Jet in July to go to Jamaica. Flight was a bit bumpy, but otherwise we got there to and from ok. Air hostess were great. Friendly, and polite.

This is our 3 year flying with them. Have recommended West jet to others!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,754)

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

After a punishing customer service experience by WinAir, having WestJet clean up the mess was a relief. WestJet can set the pace for the industry. They can lead and teach the rest how to make an awful travel experience right.
I don't expect five star treatment and fake smiles and I have found this WestJet staff to be realistic and authentic. Keep doing what they are doing because they do it really well.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

WestJet flight attendants and check continues to be the best service around ...

They go out of their way to assist you and ensure you have a pleasurable flight

Best Canadian based airline by far !

Reviewed August 20, 2017

To begin with, in the past I always flew Air Canada and did not have very many issues, then about 2 years a go after rave reviews from friends and co-workers regarding WestJet we decided to give them a try. We have flown international 3 times since then with WestJet and twice had issues the most recent being the worst.

We were scheduled to fly out at 5:30 am for a 2 hr. layover in Toronto then onto Cancun. Just prior to the scheduled boarding time they announced that the flight was delayed due to insufficient crew ( flight attendants ) and had to wait for one to show up. Over one hour later they had enough crew and we boarded. Noting the time this was going to be close to meet our connection to Cancun, to cut the story short once we deplaned in Toronto we had 10 minutes to find our gate and board - lucky the gate was not to far and we made it other then that we would of missed our connection. Ok I thought the worse was over WRONG. Once arriving in Cancun we realized that all our baggage was missing. Upon talking to a WestJet rep we learned that 2 pieces was still in Toronto and the third they had no idea where it was and it was going to be a least 24 hrs before we could hope to get it. All we had was the clothes on our back. By this time my wife and I were very upset and the Westjet rep was not being helpful at all. The rep told up to keep all receipts and they would reimburse us for a max of $100 USD each, I told her this was not good enough but after a bit of heated arguing she stated they would not begin to look for our luggage until I sign the document accepting the 100 credit - what choice did I have ? either sign or forget getting any luggage. 24 hrs later it did show up.

Just to add insult to injury on the flight back while at the Toronto airport while all of us were at the assigned gate they decided to change the gate to the other end of the terminal, a whole lot of angry people had to rush to the new gate, then only to find this flight was delayed due to insufficient crew ( flight attendants ) AGAIN.

After arriving home I spoke to the local WestJet rep at the airport about the compensation form and was explained the procedure. Its been 2 days and I'm still trying to make contact with WestJet regarding the claim.

For a company who prides itself on timeliness, customer service and satisfaction, they really dropped the ball of this one - in all areas. I have spoken to many people regarding our experience and they cannot believe how much WestJet messed up. As I stated in the beginning, it was either really bad luck on our part or WestJet needs to fix its game and quickly. Either way any faith we had in WestJet is long gone and likely a couple customers to.

2  Thank MacIsaac
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Like other reviewers, I was also very satisfied with Westjet. Great service, good value for the money. Everything was smooth, professional, I can't wish for a better flight. We left London LGW a little late, still we arrived half an hour early in Vancouver, unlike other airlines that are regularly late arriving.
The automated check-in in London was for me confusing but the attendants helped me out. Food and drinks were good though a bit pricey, only soft drinks were free. Other than that, everything was perfect. So much better than the likes of Air Canada or Lufthansa. I will use Westjet in the future whenever I can.