“They charge for everything 😳”
Review of Volaris

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have flown several times out of Mexico City, but This is our first flight with volaris. What a cluster & they charge for everything. I needed to bring my child’s car seat, an extra $40. I can understand charging for bags, but a car seat & diaper bag?
Then they told us to go to sala B. When we got there, nobody was there. We had to wait 20 minutes for someone to show up to tell us to go to the specific gate. When we got there, we had to walk down the stairs (with a stroller, a baby, a diaper bag & a carry on) to get on a bus. Then we were transported to the plane, where we had to walk up the stairs with all those items (minus the stroller).
Then onboard, they offer complimentary water if you want anything else, you guessed it, another charge

Write a ReviewReviews (2,782)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being a frequent Southwest flyer, I'm used to flights being on time and crews that know their stuff, I fly to and from Tijuana at least twice a year, and I would not fly any other airline, as someone else has said Volaris is the Southwest of Mexico.
Buying flights & CBX tickets online is quite simple (and the Cross Border Express bridge saves you from spending up to three hours waiting to cross the border, but if you are spending 5 days or more in Mexico, I would recommend parking at any of the Sand Diego Airport parking lots and taking Uber or Lyft to CBX, trust me you would will save money, and your car will be safer), back to Volaris, their planes are clean, their crews are very professional, including Pilots, landings are super smooth. Volaris prides itself for being the most "on time" Airline in Mexico, I don't know about that not having flown any other Airline since Volaris started flying,but I know that if there is a long delay for your flight you get credit automatically for your next flight, that is good customer service, and I have twice benefited from it. So, if you are going to Mexico, and Volaris has flights from your nearest Airport, Fly Volaris!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the only direct flight from Austin to Guadalajara. Volaris is a low cost airline that charges extra for a number of things. All in all a good and uneventful flight that we've taken many times.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third flight on Volaris, and they continue to amaze me with their aircraft adn service. The entire crew is young, well dressed, polite, and professional, and put our domestic flight crews to shame with their casual dress and joking during flight briefings. All of our flights have been on time, comfortable, and the aircraft are kept in tip top condition when it comes to maintenance and cleanliness. Their prices are beyond reasonable, and the new CBX near the boarder makes flying from Tijuana a breeze!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the mixed reviews we were expecting the worst but we had a very easy trip with Volaris. Everything was on time, the staff was helpful, and the flight was smooth. We made sure our bags met the weight requirements before the flight but they didn’t even end up weighing them. Overall, it was a very pleasant trip and I would highly recommend!

;