“Slightly average service...”
Review of Volaris

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

I had a flight with Volaris to Cacun and it was average. Space for legs was not quite adequate for me being tall. All food and drinks were only available for sale; however it arrived on time. Flight prices are reasonable.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3,278)

Reviewed October 12, 2017

As other reviewers have said - Volaris swindles customers out of their money by using conniving tactics. They forced me to pay $28 for a carry on bag. My bag was the same size as everyone else's the only difference is that I'm American and cannot argue with them. That's okay, though. I called my credit card company and had the charge reversed. Good job Volaris, now you've lost a customer and gained nothing but bad publicity!

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Volaris is known for applying "tricks" to steal money from their Customers ( and their services is extremely poor"

Here´s one trick they apply. When you do a reservation online, you can triple check the names BUT the system erases one Surname once yo do your reservation. Then, you have to call and then they fix it with a cost of 50 USD!.

In Mexico there are new laws to make the airlines pay for they bad services ( being this one one of the most affected ) , so they are applying this new "creative" techniques to take more money from you after you paid all the "services" around a tickect, including the seat!

Really, do not fly this airline. The are following the same poor practices of former Mexicana de Aviacion

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I had to fly Volaris this past August as it was the only connection between Cancun and Guatemala City that fit my family travel plan. Given all the negative reviews on this site and others, I was pretty anxious about it - especially since their website does not seem to accept payments through non-American credit cards (?). I must say it has been a wholly positive experience. The check-in was superfast and helpful. There was a bit of delay at the gate but nothing abnormal. The flight was eventless, as it should be. I haven't had to change my bookings (visibly a source of frustration for other reviewers) but I'm glad to bring a positive review. I was under the impression that the staff was trying to improve the customers' experience. Of course it is a no-frills airline, so don't expect too much.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

I will never, never, never fly this airline again and I intend to contact my Congressman and ask him to conduct an investigation of some of their business practices. I booked my flight via telephone and when I was asked how many bags I would have, I replied that I wasn't completely sure but I went ahead and paid for one checked bag (it's bad enough they charge for each checked bag, I also had to pay extra for making my reservation via telephone). On the day of my flight, I discovered that I was going to need to take a second bag and so I arrived at the airport with a second bag to check. When I got to the check-in counter, I was told that the second checked bag was going to cost 100 dollars!!! 100 dollars!!! What was I supposed to do? I had to pay it but I felt totally and completely ripped off. I knew I was going to have to pay something for my second bag (I paid something around 25 dollars for my first checked bag) but I never dreamed that any company would have the gall to charge 100 bucks for a bag that was well under their weight limits. Shameful thieves! And on top of everything else, the plane was dirty and disgusting with no legroom at all and the service was lousy and inefficient. The only good thing I can say is we arrived on time. I really don't understand how a company can expect to stay in business with such unethical business practices. My hope is that they receive the karma they are due and go out of business. And I hope my Congressman conducts a thorough investigation.