“Best flight ever”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were not sure if we would be flying due to hurricane Dorian , Virgin holidays kept us well informed and we flew on the correct date . What a great flight it was too! The flight attendants were so nice and helpful nothing was too much trouble. Great films and t.v programs to help pass the time . A truly excellent flight as always , our first choice of airline

2  Thank Lorraine J
Write a reviewReviews (13,807)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I recently travelled from Johannesburg South Africa to London Heathrow on Virgin Atlantic. Unfortunately when I checked and tried to upgrade to Premium Economy class it was fully booked so I upgraded to Economy Delight and it was wonderful. I had the extra legroom and priority boarding, small changes but it made such a difference to my flight and especially that the cost (average price R900 - R1400 to upgrade) was minimal.
If you normally travel economy class I would recommend paying a bit more and trying Virgin Atlantic’s Economy Delight

3  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Completely different from British airways flight on same route a year earlier .Modern clean plane and very friendly cabin crew both ways .

2  Thank matthew p
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off, the flight was distinctly average, plane (747), was very tired, service was decent enough, food, if you like cheese was OK, no other choice.
However, my gripe, which has not been looked into in any way by Virgin, as it is now 10 days since i complained, surrounds taking a set of golf clubs. I went to check in, and was pointed to a pop up desk, not the standard desk. Checked normal bags in Ok, came to the clubs, and was then told £80, but it had to be cash, as the pop up did not have a working card machine. In full view i then went to a cash machine, paid for return carraige, but was given no receipt. On the return flight, again, checked in, and found out as no recepit, no way to get clubs back, so had to pay again, when queried, they took the view i was lying, when in fact THEIR employee had stolen my money, luckily the clubs mad it. As i said i complained on my return via the survey form, and have heard nothing. I thought BA were a shambles, this lot are a bunch of crooks.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank guycarr360
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Travelling on the 747 we decided to go upstairs into the bubble. Great service, excellent crew and such a pleasant flight. Only thing that spoilt it was the complete opposite on the return flight so although we loved the outbound, we booked BA for 2020.

• Seat comfort