“Californian holiday”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful airline to fly with. I am so happy that they fly from Manchester saving us having to get down to London.

From the moment we stepped on board the service was a class apart. The 747’s are quite and spacious, the staff brilliant (our children were even invited on to the flight deck after we landed which is rare these days).

The food was OK but nothing beyond but even allowing for that, this would have been a clear 5 star review if it wasn’t for needing to change in Atlanta (dreadful experience) and the onward code share flight with Delta (easily the worst airline I have ever flown with).

1  Thank chat2marcus
Write a ReviewReviews (12,504)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It’s hard to express how brilliant the Crew on a whole were to my fiancé and I. We were lucky enough to spend a few evenings in the company of some wonderful outgoing characters from the Virgin crew that made our holiday the most amazing experience. Captain Andy, First Officer Karl, both the Racheal’s, Kelly and awesome Andy to name a few.
On our return flight all of the staff took the time to stop and say a quick hello. Often under appreciated but over delivering I have to salute a small company with a massive reputation. You guys were brilliant and I hope your company give you the recognition you all deserve.
Thank you for making our holiday the best one yet. Highly recommend your service!

1  Thank AandJtravellers
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Virgin Atlantic is an excellent airline. They really care about the customer. The food is excellent compared to other airline food. They even serve scones and clotted cream. I recommend upgrading to premium economy if you are heavy as the seats are now narrower in regular economy. Otherwise a good experience.

1  Thank Sally H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely smooth flight. The stewardesses are always so attentive on a virgin flight. Nothing is too much bother for them. Food and snacks served throughout the flight. In the uk Virgin has adopted a system where when boarding starts everyone boards as soon as they are at the gate, this works really well, there is no queuing to get on the plane, everyone just takes their seat. Fast forward two weeks to holiday return. Virgin at Orlando do not employ the same system. Everyone is crowded around the gate area where they call for upper class , premium , delight and then economy . There is so many people crowding around the gate it is difficult for people to get through. Orlando should definitely adopt a different method. Overall can never fault a virgin flight and will definitely fly with them again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Regentstreet21
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As an Englishman living in America, I go back to England fairly often. I've flown with all the major airlines but for price/comfort Virgin is top right now. Cheap flights, all the food is free and tasty, free wine, great selection of movies, good air staff, friendly pilot. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank TheDrunkenWhey