“Timeous, efficient friendly service”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

In flight entertainment was good - both the hardware and the videos available. Food was reasonable. My last leg flight was spoiled when the crew locked the windows in the "open" position for the last 90 minutes, so allowing the upcoming sun to shine right in my eyes and being highly irritating. I could not watch the entertainment and had to sit crouched forward to shield my eyes from the sun. Two attempts with two separate crew members were unsuccessful, without any feedback. Not what I expected from Virgin Atlantic!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (11,062)

Reviewed October 22, 2018

everything about this holiday to grand orlando resort was as stated. Planes on time,, car hire very good , hotel good,,
and just hada good time. can recommend,

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Being loyal and normally very happy customers it pains us to write this but we were so disappointed with or recent flight to Grenada from Gatwick we felt compelled to do so. Over the last few years we have always booked Virgin where possible and started to save up and treat ourselves to upgrades even if that meant staying in a cheaper hotel. This year we had again booked upper class as we had really enjoyed the experience, ambience, cabin and chance to use on board bar previously. Our Virgin flights have now become an integral part of our holiday.

Sadly, when we walked on the plane the UC cabin was unrecognisable, and not in a positive way! It was tired, grubby and a far inferior layout with none of the ambience or style Virgin have become famous for. In fact it was terrible; the seats were not comfortable and clearly old, the entertainment screen was badly positioned and there was a total lack of privacy in comparison to the normal Virgin layout. I could watch three other passengers screens from my pod and the seats we ended up with were nowhere close to what we had booked in terms of orientation because of the different layout! The plane going out was also actually dirty, with crumbs and dust all around the cabin but to be fair the return plane was considerably better in terms of hygiene.

In both cases we can't fault the crew who were brilliant but also not shy at all in saying how they also really, really disliked the cabin and were mildly embarrassed by it. Similarly other passengers complained vociferously.

So, if you are thinking of booking then check if it is a Virgin aircraft with the familiar layout or one of the tired old Air Berlin planes. I am sure they will be refitted at some point but if you've paid for an upgrade I can guarantee you will be disappointed, which is a shame as Virgin are normally brilliant. In fact, we are almost in disbelief Virgin didn't inform customers of the change!?

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Being on the plus size of normal, found plenty of room, both for the rear and legs. Have used this airline several times over the last few years. We were lucky enough to travel in economy plus a couple of times with other airlines to make use of the extra leg room. With Virgin we have found economy just as comfortable, therefore saving a few pennies.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Virgin airways Gatwick to Antigua 20/10/18;
Vs33

Hooray, hooray , hooray, we’re going to Antigua for our holiday
Flying with Virgin airways for the very first time, we’re hoping, for no delay
We completed the online check-in, at home the night before
And purchased the extra legroom seats, right by the emergency door

Welcomed on board by the staff, who were both helpful and kind
“ Sit yourselves down, once we’re on our way, we’ll get you wined and dined “
A Drinky poops with pretzels was served about 40 minutes in
We plummeted for the red wine, very nice, a definite win win

Lunch was next on the agenda, served on a tray, to you in your seat
A creamy Pasta starter, sausage ragu main, and a passion fruit sweet.
With cheese and crackers and more red wine
Finished of with Coffee or tea, it was all very fine

With a variety of entertainment on the in-flight program available
You could be at home, the choice is as good, as Virgins very own cable
I decided on the 15.17 Paris film, which I’m embarrassed to admit, made me cry
After that I needed a bit of time out, that’s right, I grabbed a bit of shut eye.

Ice lolly’s and then more red wine, the time is flying by
Over five hours in,.... This is the way to fly !
Now Mr Branson seems to have sussed out this flying thing and mastered the art
With his conscientious staffrunning around like headless chickens, all taking part

With crisps and a delightful cheese sandwich’ making up afternoon tea
It was a lovely little Scooby Snack, enjoyed by the Mrs and also by me
The trip has been bang on, which has been mainly down to the crew
This may have been our virgin, VIRGIN flight, but it definetly won’t be our last with you

I would like to personally thank Antonio (star man ) Tracy (star lady ) and Daniele with all the other staff for a very enjoyable and memorable flight
Ps if your giving out awards for top crew members Richard, look no further than Antonio (We may have travelled economy but felt like we were in first class with the attentive treatment we received )

Down sides because nothing in life is perfect

One toilet was broken and wi-fi didn’t seem to work !!!

1  Thank Paulloak