“Excellent”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Aircraft was spotless, toilets spotless. Crew were engaging, professional and well groomed. My meal was superb, nice choice of wines.

Although hot towels were not offered yesterday?

The FSM, manager onboard was superb, articulate, very caring and took great pride.

Thank you VS1 yesterday!

1  Thank James B
Write a ReviewReviews (8,969)

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

This airline is great to plan multiple trips as I booked Miami and Cancun which they had been very kind and assisted me with the occasion for me and my partner. I must say the service is great but they are a little pricey and would be cheaper if you book everything separately. They did fail to mention that I have to pay for bagged from Miami to Cancun as this is a domestic flight but kindly reimbursed me on the luggage. It is a great airline with so much to do on the plan but the biggest let down to me was surely the food. I'm sorry to say that food is actually terrible, I have had better meals with microwave dinners. Me and my partner ended up not eating anything on this flight apart from the crackers and cheese spreads. So on the way back to london we actually bought our own food and snacks on the plane which of course Is just my opinion on the food. But just to make it clear I am not a fussy eater AT ALL and this was something that I just couldn't eat. Other than this, flight is great with onboard entertainment just be prepared to pay a little more as they book everything for you

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Virgin Atlantic were always my first choice for flying to Orlando but this time I felt they weren't as good as they used to be. I have MS and need special assistance and for looking after me and my wheelchair, which has power wheels, they couldn't have been better. My equipment was well looked after and was given back to me in the exact same condition that it was in when it was taken into the hold at the gate. So in this respect 5/5. My main problem was the cleanliness of the plane. Something on a previous flight had been spilt down the back of the chair and hadn't been cleaned, which meant 2 of the tables needed wiping before we could use them. The overall feel of the planes was that they needed updating/replacing. For the price of tickets we felt that things should of been better.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Daytime flight from London to New York. Pleasantly surprised at the comfortable economy seating after our "hard ride" over on Delta . Plenty of leg room, and I am 6'3. Food was also tasty, I had pesto ravioli, wife veg. curry, washed down with complimentary wine. Served snack and tea before arrival. Overall friendly, helpful staff. Would fly them again.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Great flight. Upper first class. Very costly. Not much seat availabilty. Great bar. No one manning it most of the time. Very small bar space less than 5 seats, very up close and personal. Bit wobbly at times. Not much diffence or choice of inflight entertainment for a long haul transatlantic 8hr plus flight. Would have liked a console to play some proper games not just bejeweled or tetris style games with sound effects. The movies were long and tiresome. The selection was dull. Not my kind of movies boring dramas. No place to lock personals if your a lone traveller. Entertainment screen was flimsy and very fragile. Gets alot of glare and at times can be hard to see/hear with headphones, is very small. Found eating and watching tv challenging. Buttons hard tp press. Overall the flight was very comfortable just a shame about the inflight entertainment at the time.