“Good but could be better”
Review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Flew from Manchester seated economy , outbound flight from Manchester quick check in, excellent flight , great seats , good choice of movies, attentive staff
Inbound from Atlanta just 3 desks open really long queues people queue jumping as waited that long where at risk of missing flight .. arrived 3 hours before must have waited nearly 2 hours to check in .. just not good enough flight ok

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (10,038)

Reviewed May 9, 2017

Quite shocked by the lack of leg room as standard on a trans Atlantic flight. Not long after take off the passenger in front of me reclined his seat, he was virtually lying on my chest! Faced with this for an 8 hour flight I did the same and reclined my seat. Result was a domino effect, everyone uncomfortable! Back in the day these flights had a bit of room to work with. Seems they know how to charge but not how to deliver comfort to passengers?!

1  Thank Kath J
Reviewed May 9, 2017

We booked a Virgin Holiday & were very lucky to be invited to use the Lounge at Gatwick Airport. This was a great start to the holiday. We had pre-booked paid for Exit seats for extra leg room & this was well worth the money. From the moment we arrived at the airport the staff were amazing, cheerful & helpful. This service continued all the way, the aircraft stewards were brilliant, very courteous & generally made us feel very welcome & special, we couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

Great trip on the new 787 route out of Seattle
Service top notch. Could spend a couple bucks for Parsley garnish.
Was not sure about the seat configuration but it worked surprisingly well
I would recommend this flight 100 percent

1  Thank Jimmy C
Reviewed May 9, 2017

I was looking forward to flying wth virgin for the first time as I'd heard great things. Check-in outward and inward took two hours which I thought was excessive especially as I was travelling with two children under 5!! The airport staff at both airports cited system problems, however, when I emailed to complain they blamed it on me travelling with a toddler!!! They absolutely denied all knowledge of any system problems at all!!! I don't know how this company continues to function if checking in one toddler causes so many problems?! Furthermore their costumer service people are rude, and inconsistent regarding the escalation of complaints. And don't even bother trying to speak to a team leader or manager as apparently Virgin don't DO that. I was told I had to email to escalate my complaint then when I did, I received an email back saying Virgin don't escalate complaints because all their staff are equally capable ......of apparently replying to emails that they haven't bothered to read properly!!!!

I have no complaints about the actual flights or air cabin staff but wouldn't fly Virgin again because I'm not prepared to invest money on a company with such scant regard for customer service.

2  Thank Joanie0457