“Polaris Class was wonderful !”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I paid the premium and flew United Polaris business class from San Francisco to Zurich nonstop in the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Before I took my seat, my vacation had begun. In San Francisco, United opened a new Polaris Lounge. The lounge is only open to passengers holding a Polaris class ticket. Everything you might ask for, and more. I recommend that you give serious effort to arriving at SFO hours early just to allow the opportunity to enjoy the lounge. The formal dining room is a twenty to thirty minute wait, but so worth it.
The flight was clockwork elegance. The comfort of the cabin, attentiveness of service, quality and amount of food and beverage exceeded expectations.

Date of travel: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (47,056)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was in economy plus for two trips recently between CLE and PEK. The entire experience depends on if the middle seat is open on a three-across row. When it was, the flight was tolerable. When the row is full it is nearly impossible. There is no room, the seat cushions almost non existent and the food looks and tastes like slop. MAKE SURE YOU EAT BEFORE UNLESS POLARIS! It is a little better heading from Asia back to the US. I don’t think things will get better unless the gov steps in and sets some minimum standards.

I am only rating this as “average” as the flights left and departed on times. They did loose my bag once but it found within 72 hours.

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank Phactor924
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

UA70 departed EWR on time and arrived in AMS on time. The flight was uneventful. The flight attendants were courteous and helpful. The complementary wine was a nice touch for happy hour and dinner.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Even though a United flight may have a bit more amenities than say a flight with Southwest Airlines, I would much rather fly southwest. I couldn’t even enjoy the personal tv on the headrest in front of me. We were packed in so tight, way tighter than a Southwest flight, that the person next to me kept changing the channel/volume on my tv. It was to no fault of their own, we just had no where to even rest our arms. Aside, from the tight fit across the isle, the seats in front of you are also really tight. The last time I felt this crammed in a plane was when I flew one of those super cheap airlines to Vegas (horrible).

In conclusion, even though Southwest may not have all the bells and whistles that these other airlines offer, I choose comfort over features! I suggest flying Southwest.

Date of travel: October 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We wanted to break up our flight schedule to/rom France, and United offered the best schedule to accommodate our needs. It is disappointing that they want to charge you extra fees for limited carry-on luggage allowances. Then the food is minimal and marginally palatable, to say nothing of being nutritious. Next time we break up our flight schedule we will make arrangements on a different airline.