“Delayed for a storm for 1 1/2 hours in Fort Lauderdale”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a storm in Fort Lauderdale and it messed up a lot of travel plans. We sat at the gate, because the gates had not been closed, we at least could get up and move around. Since I knew I missed my next flight I called while sitting their waiting to get on the next flight. We were not offered any refreshments at all.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 307scm60
Write a ReviewReviews (43,310)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The prices were decent, but not much cheaper than similar flights on other airlines with the same route. The difference in experience was significant. Between connections we had 4 flights that were five hours or more. There was no food offered besides pretzels on any of these flights. We were told there were snack purchase options, however they weren't readily available and nothing of significance. This is including a 10 hour flight during this time. That seemed like something we should've been apprised of ahead of time so we could better prepare. The in-flight entertainment via WiFi was a nice touch, but using my small phone to watch a movie was less than ideal.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Amber_from_The_D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

i can honestly say that this was possibly the worst plane I have been on in all my years of flying . If this was business I dread to think what economy was like. The plane was so filthy we had to use the warm cloths for cleaning our hands and use them to clean the armrest and trays which we were expected to eat our food off. The cabin itself where bags go had black marks all over them and were also dirty.There was no in-house entertainment and no comforts whatsoever . I can’t believe that I have booked a family holiday and flying with United internationally. I am dreading it as it is 7 hours in economy .... booked before this experience . They really should at least try to respect their customers who are flying with them and give them at least a clean seat and tray . It’s a basic expectation .

Date of travel: May 2019
2  Thank Jennifer1935
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a 6:00 flight out of College Station, Texas to make a connection in Houston before heading on to San Francisco. The night before, I logged into the app to check in only to find out that my morning flight had been canceled due to weather.

The weather in both College Station and Houston had been clear and was forecasted to continue for the next several days. I called United and they insisted it was weather (in the area) that caused the cancellation.

Because my home airport is a small, university run facility, there are only 2 flights out to Houston. I told them that I could drive to Houston and still make my connection and they told me that they had no obligation to let me do that. I was rebooked the following (late) afternoon flight.

Because of this, I lost an entire day of my vacation.

I get it. This happens. BUT, I fly pretty often and it seems like there’s ALWAYS something that happens with United. I don’t recall a single flight with them that’s been free of hiccups and not stressful.

Some of their planes are in need of refurbishing. Not just for aesthetics, but for comfort. WiFi is iffy, depending on the jet you’re on and their entertainment amenities pretty much blow. If you aren’t on a jet with screens, you’re limited to watching on your own device, and unless it’s a newer device, it likely won’t work with the app. I have an iPad that’s a couple of years old (up-to-date) and it wasn’t compatible with the app. I’ve never had this issues on Delta or American.

I wouldn’t recommend them and will likely not fly with them again if given the choice. I always regret doing business with them.

2  Thank ewilliams2480
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I recently flew United Airlines round-trip to Newark and it wasn't a great experience. The outbound flight, a red-eye, at least was on time, but my return was delayed by about an hour.

The worst part, however, was the seats. They're designed for tall people with the legs of a person barely 5 feet tall. I'm 5'2" and my knees were nearly touching the seat in front of me. Worse than that was the pain in my back. The lumbar support is designed for a VERY tall person. And unfortunately, I'd forgotten to bring an extra sweater to tuck behind my back for support. Also, the plane was quite cold.

Even more frustrating was the fact that I couldn't turn off the display screen in front of me and every time I set (or moved) my arm on the armrest, it changed channels or something.

It was an awful flight, and sadly is the preferred airline of my new employer.

2  Thank Lydia O