“Denver to Kona just okay”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed May 21, 2019

We choose to fly first class as it was a non stop and 7 1/2 hours. Wanted to be comfortable. Unfortunately a young couple with a 3-5 year old also were in first class. Only one child had paid for a seat. The youngest one was not very well behaved. No fault of airline. My headset or rather the entertainment system sound did not work. Flight attendant tried a new headset, then rebooted the system. Neither worked. Nothing was offered in compensation. My husband is 6'4" and it was just enough room to stretch. He would not have been able to use the flat out bed. Food was okay. On the return trip which was a non stop red eye we were only offered one drink and a small bag of stale pretzels. Even though a red eye it was a 6 1/2 hour trip. Think you could have been offered more.

Date of travel: April 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (41,870)

996 - 1,000 of 41,870 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Had to make a last minute change and cancel original trip. Re-booked the next day. I agreed to the $400 penalty but now the airlines refusing to refund the balance back to my credit card. They insist I have to use it for another flight. This was my first flight in 15yrs and I have no plans to fly in the future. I WILL NEVER FLY UNITED AGAIN.

1  Thank Edith S
Reviewed May 21, 2019

When I fly Southwest, Delta, American, etc. I can get my boarding pass online. But when I fly United in basic economy class and don't check a bag, I have to waste 15 minutes at the airport so that an employee can make sure that I really only have one small personal item, and am not trying to sneak a suitcase onto the plane.

This is weak. If you have an option to fly on another airline, take advantage of this.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Nice Staff both ways, we were on time, service was great, plenty of food and beverage. We just found the plane to be small and cramped for an overseas flight of that time length. I guess that is just the sign of the times.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

I always fly with United Airlines because I collect miles with the United Explorer credit card from Chase, and it is a dependable airline.
Unfortunately all airlines have narrowed their seats so much,
that it sometimes becomes uncomfortable. I was seated behind an overweight person, who reclined his seat to the fullest. It put the TV screen right in my face and the tray table close to my body. It was hard for me to even get up to use the bathroom. People are less courteous than years ago. The service is always perfect, and I will be flying with United again in the future.