“United flight to DR”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flights were on time, smaller planes/flights had more leg room but bigger planes/flights has less leg room. Was nothing special about the whole experience. The only thing that I hate is my husband pays yearly to united airlines for some membership and it applies to me is when I’m flying with him do I get free luggage, I able to use United lounge area/club, etc. I have a membership with American Airlines and when my husband travels with out me he us able to use and take others into the Americans club facility.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (40,822)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I dread flying coach on domestic airlines but this full early morning flight on spring break wasn’t that bad, despite the 5 hour outbound and 4 ½ hour return and more than double the usual cost. I had a new sriracha omelette on the outbound but bought food in the terminal for the return.

All entertainment and seat power was out on this return flight but United notified travelers in advance via email and offered $50 voucher on a future flight or 2,500 miles, which was credited instantly.

These 6AM flights departed and arrived on time (this return actually departed and arrived 15 minutes early). EWR Terminal C finally has traveler seating at most if not all gates - ipads where you can order food or booze, plenty of AC and USB at every seat.

Sat pitch and width was better than some. They also offered $250-$425 upgrades to BusinessFirst, which on these 757’s was a first class like like flat pod. For $250 I was tempted but wasn’t in a state where I could lie flat, so passed. But it’s unusual to find anything but bigger seats and free/food booze on anything but a coast-to-coast flight in business.

I have a Chase United credit card to get priority boarding and one bag free/person; while I didn’t check bags (PHX is fast, EWR is s l o w.), I didn’t pay extra for boarding in Group 2. It seems as more than 50% of people boarding in EWR have either FF status or one of these cards without them or a fee, there’s probably not going to be any overhead space left by the time you board.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight to New York was through Chicago O’Hare. When we got to the airport early morning for our first flight, we were told that our Chicago to New York flight was cancelled. They offered a refund not another flight. Finally, after working with a manager, we were rebooked on LATE arrival flight but separated (3 of us traveling together). We flew to Chicago then went to the United service desk for help. Two of us were booked into Westchester! And one into Newark, arriving much earlier. On top of that, one of our bags didn’t make the new flight (one did so they can’t blame it on the change). That bag arrived the next evening. I was provided 3 $200 certificates for future flights. Like I’ll fly United again by choice. They were clearly affected by the grounding of the Max8 and didn’t handle it well at all. I would be hard pressed to choose United again.

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are a United card holder and enjoy their service and reliability I have never suffered lost luggage or had flight cancellations and usually travel 4 times a year

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My flight to Northwest Arkansas was fantastic with no delays getting there or getting home. The service was great and I totally recommend flying United in an out of Northwest Arkansas