“Easy flight, smooth and nearly on-time”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed September 17, 2018

We left Chicago -O'Hare (ORD) for Las Vegas (LAS) on United Flight #1495. The aircraft was a Boeing 737-800. Though we left the gate about five minutes late, we were delayed on take-off about nine minutes for an unknown reason. The flight, itself, was nice, smooth and uneventful. We landed about ten minutes late, but we actually made it to the gate a few minutes earlier, so we were on our way to hit the "one-armed bandits". From the skycaps at the curbside counter who checked us in and took our luggage, all the way through our exiting the plane, the staff was very efficient and friendly. Can you really ask for a lot more than that?

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (47,214)

Reviewed September 17, 2018

A very good direct flight though long but efficient. The crew is nice. The movies are great. The food is lacking in taste and quantity.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and on time as always! Flew Spokane to Chicago to Boston. Due to health issues, I requested a wheelchair to help me get between gates in Chicago and also to baggage claim in Boston. All was smooth and service was ready and waiting for me by name for personalized service!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

I usually don't fly United internationally, but I gave them a try this time due being a member of their mileage program. There were 2 good things about this flight: a newer, updated plane and the food was good. I was really disappointed, however, at how some flight attendants treated me and other travelers. In my case, I had selected a two-seat row so my boyfriend and I would sit together without a third person. There were some additional rows like mine behind me that several people attempted to switch into. Each time, a flight attendant told them, "these are crew seats and you have to go back to your assigned seat." During the last request, the attendant asked me and my boyfriend to prove we were in the proper seats by showing our boarding passes. After showing our passes, she remarked, "This is a crew area and we close a curtain so we can rest during the flight. You can stay here now, but I will find other seats for you during the flight!" I was shocked. Luckily, she never came back to move us.

Another flight attendant gave me an annoyed look when I asked her for two instead of one customs form. I explained that we were representing two households, and she, reluctantly, gave me another.

Later, the father of a family sitting across from me accidentally dropped his pillow into the aisle. Another flight attendant saw it and said, "Oh, someone lost their pillow," then threw it at the father. Further into the flight, the father of this same family was playing a video game with his son. Yes, the son was rather excited and was audible to everyone in our section. However, yet another flight attendant came out of the curtained-off "crew area" to tell the father to keep his son quiet, after which she returned to the "crew area."

I have already reached out to United via Twitter and their website regarding what happened on this flight. Maybe, the crew were just tired, but that is no reason to be rude and unwelcoming. I have flown many other airlines internationally, and I have never experienced such unprofessional behavior.

Also, United no longer has seat back screens. You have to use your own tablet or phone. While in theory, this is a novel idea, it's not always practical. My boyfriend had no inflight entertainment (both outbound or inbound) because he brought a laptop; the United app doesn't work on that. When I attempted to share earbuds so we could watch a movie on my tablet, the sound quality was not sufficient for us to both hear.

1  Thank chilindrinna
Reviewed September 17, 2018

For an 8+ hour flight, we expected better food options. There were no meals served, just beverages & pretzels. Snack boxes & microwaved "food" were available for purchase. The overpriced microwaved sandwich I bought looked like it had gone through several heatings in the microwave, & was inedible. For the return flight, we brought plenty of our own food on board, from a local restaurant. There weren't a ton of options at the Maui airport. Honestly, the flight felt like a long,noisy road trip, very do-it-yourself. Movie choices weren't very diverse, highly-rated types.