“Hurrah for United Airlines!”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We have flown to the Virgin Islands many times - usually on another airline. This time we found a great flight from Colorado Springs to St. Thomas on United Airlines. It was PERFECT in every way. We were on time, even early to our first stop, and early to St. Thomas. The flight attendants were amazing, the Captain spoke to us several times - all in all it was the BEST flight EVER. Even on the way home!! Thank you United Airlines - we will be flying with you again!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,702)

Reviewed August 14, 2018

United has come a long way in the last year! The aircraft were clean, seats quite comfortable, and the Flight Attendants were a whole friendly and helpful. Quite the change over the last few years, I would have to say United IS in fact returning to "The Friendly Skies". They have a done a great job and I actually enjoyed my flights on this trip!

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

On our last trip we left SFO at 7:30 pm to LHR. We arrived in London in the morning of the following day, and still had the better part of the day to start our sight seeing. If you can sleep in a plane, I highly recommend this time slot. As a long time united flyer I was more than happy with service I received.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

I usually flight via Air Canada when travelling to the United States, however I had a discount by flying United from Ottawa to Las Vegas. This proved to be the worst flight I ever took and will likely be the last one with United, despite any future discount.

The first problem was trying to check-in using the United app, which just wouldn't accept any passport picture, so I gave up on that. This is honestly not unexpected and not a big deal, but it compounded with the upcoming issues.

My itinerary was support to be from Ottawa to Las Vegas via Chicago, with the flight leaving Ottawa around 0630 (EDT) and arriving in Las Vegas around 1300 (Las Vegas time). Flight from Ottawa was delayed by 3 hours because the toilet was clogged. The only repair team apparently available was brought from Montreal (so 2 hours away) and took 1 hour to fix it. Obviously, I had long missed my connecting flight in Chicago by that point. Since everyone was trying to get another plane, trying to have another flight took as much time as waiting for the delayed flight. Already 3 hours lost and now have to transit from Chicago, to San Francisco, to Las Vegas...

Fast forward to Chicago and sure as it is, the flight to San Francisco is delayed by 2-3 hours, in increments of 30-40 minutes, just enough to make you think you can wait it out rather than asking for another, more competent airline... Apparently the SF airport was too busy to receive flights. Nevertheless, I leave. United is generous enough to offer a cheap bag of pretzels. At some point the attendant dropped ice on me, no sh*t given. Power outlet was not working either, so I ran out of battery for my phone.

Arriving at SF late, not only did I miss my connection flight again, I even missed my backup flight. Not sure what is happening, I go to customer service, which of course you have to wait 30 minutes in line since everyone is missing flights left and right. Finally learn that I'm booked on the next flight to Vegas, which is of course, also delayed.

I end up in Vegas at 22:30 Local time, after more than 12 hours in airports and planes. I have flew to Tokyo and Hong Kong, which took the same amount of time. Because I have "used my ticket", no refunds, not even a discount and absolutely no support.

If you cannot provide a service, then have the decency to admit it and leverage other airliners that can do it. I've used Air Canada, Air Singapore, ANA, Air France and KLM. United is definitively at the bottom, way below the line of mediocrity. Avoid.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

The equipment that would serve this route, supposedly arrived at on time at the gate from some domestic flight, but just after boarded with some delay, we noticed that the cleaning was not done properly. We found some plastic cups under the seats. Nothing pleasant before starting a long flight.