“Good choice for the trip fro Europe to USA”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We flew from Hamburg with Eurowings to Zurich and then with United via Newark to Ft. Myers the stop in between worked just fine for the immigration. We always accept a stop if we find an airline with two seater rows available - ideal for a couple for the long part of the flight crossing the Atlantic.
The wine was not my choice, but found out that they even serve a delicious American bock beer.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (33,828)

Reviewed July 15, 2018

This is a good flight and have flown on it a few times. Beats the overnights as it arrives at LHR in the mid-evening and accords a good night's sleep for the next day's activities. Breakfast is served, but recommend that the food service be delayed to serve lunch. A snack is served before landing at LHR. The passenger make-up consists largely of frequent travelers who are familiar with the service. The cabin crew are more senior and some are quite personable. The only issue is the aircraft type: Boeing 757-200. It is a single aisle jet and feels cramped unless in Economy Plus or Business. I would like to see a 777-200 or 787 on this route. If there is sufficient demand, a 777-300ER would be great, but I doubt UAL will assign that aircraft to this route. Another down side is the audio entertainment (this is systemwide). There is no traditional music! No classical, no rock (that I am familiar with), etc.....The selections for audio are a complete mystery to me!

Reviewed July 14, 2018

Was lucky regarding the Premier status, got boarding priority, premium seat, the best is having good "Meal" like food in this long flight in economy class. The worst, United always dividing too many groups for boarding then always confusing people and trapping passengers before the boarding gate even they said stay there until your group called! It will be sad if take United without Premier status!

Reviewed July 14, 2018

I flew with my family in United and it was great. Even though we read a lot of controversial things about United and what happens, I didn't (for now) have faced any. It was a great flight with my daughter just turning one to Santiago de Chile. The food was great and the accommodation as well. I hope those who are flying United won't encounter anything controversial and will have a great flight. If you want to look for great pricing on flights to South America, please try finding them early. For example, if you want to fly in December, start looking at the flights pricing in September to buy the tickets in October. That is what I did and have done. This is my number one tip: Look early if you know your exact dates! Enjoy the friendly sky!

Reviewed July 14, 2018

UA flight 837 SFO/TYO July 2. This was the only leg I had on United using ANA and Star Alliance BKK/SFO.

It was terrible, the kind of flight nightmares are made of. Old craft with very cramped seating to begin with. On take off two overhead doors opened. The flight crew closed them after more than an hour. Meal service did not begin for over 2 hours. When it did you were offered "Noodles or Rice?" When we questioned what came with the rice or noodles we were given one box each of noodles and rice with no reply. Literally inedible both meals were.

Then the fun started after collecting the trays we did not see the flight attendants for over 5 hours. Then they came through with a bottle of water. About 8 hours after take off I had to get out of my middle economy seat and take a walk. I made it back to the rear lavatory which is also the galley area. Coming out of the lavatory I was asked to return to my seat. " Why the seat belt sign is off and passengers are encouraged to walk around a bit to avoid deep vein thrombosis". That did not go over well and again I was snapped out to get out of the galley. Never in 65 years of flying has this ever happened.

Then 9 hours after takeoff and one and a half before landing they served another inedible meal. An omelette covered with grey broccoli that was pure mush. Finally we landed.

If this is the way American carriers treat their customers they are to be totally avoided. All legs on ANA were very nice indeed. In fact on the morning of June 7 BKK/TYO I got to watch the NBA finals game 3 Warriors vs Cavs live. It was so nice to get on ANA for the final leg TYO/BKK.

Do not ever take United even for one leg especially the long haul transpac leg.

3  Thank agingone