“Will never fly United again ”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

Upgraded to first class hoping our long flight would start our vacation out on a relaxing note. I have never had less service on an airline in any class of service. It is as if part of United’s training program is how to make your passenger feel as though you have ruined their day. $600 later we had one drink service, had to get up and ask for water and were told there were not food options.
Customers are charged for bags even on international flights so boarding and exiting are nearly impossible with everyone carrying way to much on board. Went ahead and paid for a seat and only brought a purse on board. Guess what you have to keep that cramped under your no leg room seat because everyone else brought three bags.
And don’t bother contacting customer service.
Will pay a lot more for one of the better airlines for our future flights.

5  Thank wineandwandering
Write a ReviewReviews (32,357)

Reviewed November 21, 2017

We were heading to Las Vegas for a couple days of fun and games. Everything went good with check-in and we boarded the 737-900ER at Chicago-O'Hare. We did have priority boarding, so that worked out great for both of us. The flight was four minutes late in leaving, but was 22 minutes early in arriving at Las Vegas. The staff was friendly and efficient. The nice thing about arriving in Las Vegas sooner, is that old adage, "arrive sooner, gamble sooner". We got everything that we expected and paid for.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

I'm really disappointed in United Airlines piss poor communication today. Altho they had no control over a broken plane, they certainly could have informed us better, especially since they had all our contact information. We waisted almost almost a whole day day at the airport a weren't even given any updates at the airport while waiting. The sassy flight attendant only added to our irritation.

3  Thank Robert D
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Very condescending agents when I tried to explain an error/glitch that was happening on THEIR website. It caused a misunderstanding when I booked a flight--I ended up wasting money,time & alot of "United Miles". I never became belligerent, but took screen shot pictures, sent & resent the discrepancy to them. They were so arrogant.... borderline rude. There was never a person that of authority to actually "listen" to my legitimate complaint! No acknowledgement. Even with evidence, they never at least UNDERSTOOD my view. As a result: NO resolution whatsoever. HOW they handled it "stings" the most! I didn't absolutely need reimbursing, ...but it was a HORRIBLE way to view/treat the 'common traveller'!

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank kevhen1
Reviewed November 21, 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, we flew UA1603, on a 737-900 (#3458) from Chicago (ORD), to Phoenix (PHX), in FC, Row 3, E&F. We were supposed to fly a 737-900 (#3417), but it was not working. So, an hour late, we had #3458. Instead of the “yo-yo” PHX-ORD-PHX plane, we got the one from MSY to ORD. Still, it was there for us. At least we were still going out of C-25.

As we were ending a 1.5 month-long bit of travel, we wanted to finally get home, but UA kept us notified of the changes.

We spent time at ORD, and made our way to the gate, to board promptly, with the new plane.

This was an sCO (Continental, prior to the merger) ship, with DirectTV, but that did not function very well.

We were comfortable in our seats, though the DirectTV equipment does take up footwell room.

As I had been drinking wine all afternoon, I went with Ginger Ale for both the pre-departure beverage, while my wife opted for the white wine – she had been in meetings in Chicago, so I was way ahead of her.

For the meal, we both went for the Shrimp Jambalaya and the Salad, which were both good. I kept to the Ginger Ale, while she kept with the Chardonnay. The Chocolate Cheesecake was OK, but wife liked it better, than I did.

The flight, though starting late, did make up some time to PHX. Still, we were late, and without the DirectTV much of the time. Seems odd, that CNN, MSNBC and Bloomberg TV functioned, but FoxNews was out?

A decent flight, but not the best. Still, UA did get us home, and that was a blessing, since we had been flying from Sept, and were ready to finally be home. Our baggage came out onto Carousel 4, PHX T2, in a timely fashion. Luckily, our driver tracks our flights, as we have not been all that timely, in our arrivals to PHX lately. Still, we were heading home, and for more than two nights, so we were happy!

Cabin crew was good, and cockpit crew tried to interject some levity, into the situation. A good flight, but late.

• Food and Beverage