“Good flight experience but terrible bag problem”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Thee 777 is very comfortable for the long trip to Hawaii. But i had problems with the hand off to inter-island carrier. First the original scheduled flight was cancelled and United would not let me switch to a another viable option because it was with a different carrier. Thereby creating the problem of a short connection and United failed to get my bag to the inter island carrier on time. Consequently my bag did not make my flight and United took no responsibility and would not offer any help. Their customer assistance line is handled in India and they were absolutely of no help. A promise to have a supervisor call us was ignored and they dropped kicked us. Every complaint you hear about overseas help lines not being responsive came true for us that night. It's not just about what happens when everything goes right but what happens when their is a problem. United customer service hangs their hat on the phrase-Our Policy is.....

1  Thank Paulta2016
Write a ReviewReviews (32,742)

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Flew on United's 737-800 where they really pack em in. This is a lousy transcontinental aircraft. Took the red eye and fell asleep, otherwise this trip would really have been torture.
Buy your way out of hell and purchase Economy Plus - not a class, just a bit more legroom. Not impressed by First Class on this aircraft - too many seat jammed into plane.
A320 a much better choice on UA all around.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

The flight attendants looked like they didn't want to be there, no Hi's not smiles, this was a 5:45am flight on which we would be flying for 4.5 hours and we were only offered water or juice right in the beginning of the flight. My seat was reclined when I boarded the plane, I didnt realize it, the flight attendant rudely told me to put it up. Then when I connected in Chicago to New York my gate changed and I was notified of the gate change when we were already boarded on the plane...thank God I watched the boards. I paid for the WiFi and wasnt able to enjoy it on my connecting flight as it was not turned on :( I always thank the team when I deplane and all I got was a half a smile....NEVER AGAIN!! Your customer service SUCKS!

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Arrived 20 min. early ,good service ,got there safe what more could I ask for.I would recommend booking early so you can choose the seats you want together especially traveling with children.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We had read some negative comments about United so we weren’t sure what to expect to be honest. It started with the business class lounge at Heathrow T2 which was just superb, very clean, great food and excellent service. Easy priority boarding which was smooth and faultless. We flew on a 767-300 in the old style 2-2-2 configuration but the seat was comfortable, roomy if not a tad old, I am 6 foot 2 inches tall and over 20 stone but had loads of room. The food and the service was first class and our Rod, the purser was just superb. We would definitely fly with United again, well done.