“Frustrated traveler”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I am a business traveler and fly many miles a year. I purchased an upgraded seat to extended seating, and unfortunately selected an aisle seat since there were no window seats (my preference) available. When I checked in on line, I notice that my boarding group is 4, or virtually last. I have immediate concern, as I know the aisle seat area where personal belongings go is smaller than the other seats, and also know that there would be no overhead bin space by the time I boarded. I had a larger than normal briefcase with me, and asked 2 individuals with United if it would fit under the aisle seat. I was assured it would (I also measured it with their "box" at airport). Well, as expected, by the time I board there is no room above, the seat area is so small that I literally have to jamb it under the seat (and it even stuck out a little bit into the aisle) and there is no room for my feet or my purse. Fortunately the woman sitting next to me was kind and allowed me to place my purse under her seat. I was so frustrated! I a mileage plus member (which obviously means nothing) and the people don't know their planes very well. When you purchase an upgrade, you should be allowed to board in group 2 or even 3-who cares if you have to get up and let someone in the middle, when most of us just need carry on space and extra legroom? Purchasing the upgrade was a complete waste. And the plane was freezing. Miserable flight. It reminded me why this airline is not my first choice and I only fly them when I don't have other options that work with my schedule.

2  Thank Sharon K
Write a ReviewReviews (32,729)

Reviewed November 17, 2017

At the beginning they asked for someone to give up their seat. I checked it out and would not have been able to get a flight until the next day. They would keep announcing there was a small delay. It was to change a light bulb (for the floor emergency exits). We were already in line to go on and being alone I couldn't ask anyone to watch my carry on as I was in a wheelchair. We were there for 2 hours!!
I was a lucky one because I was only going to Chicago. No one could possibly make their connections. I do know on Red Hat lady flying alone (85) that needed to make a connection.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I fly United First exclusively these days, pay for my ticket, don't use upgrades nor miles to purchase, and haven't been too satisfied.
Until, that is, this past week's flight to Ft. Lauderdale. The first-class flight attendants Kyle and Jesse are absolutely the best I've run into in my 5 decades of flying. United, raise their salary, they deserve it.
The breakfast meal is usually a total disappointment. They finally got this right, too. The Egg white and cheese on sourdough bread was restaurant quality. Loved it.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank NewYorkerluvsKeyWest
Reviewed November 17, 2017

My Flight was delayed 5 hoars missed connecting flight.I was in the airport 6 am Plain left airport at 1:45pm i reached my final destination at 11pm same think happened again on the way back home.
for compensation they offered me bottle of water and $20.00 .

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

I had to reschedule an earlier flight back from Boston due to the passing of my father. Called and spoke to customer service and said I would need to pay an additional $400. Wound up book on another airline and only paid $98.
Thanks for nothing.