“UNITED WE FLY”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed October 23, 2017

At this time United had just received a lot of poor publicity, and we really wondered if we were wise flying on a long haul flight with them. However, whether they were seeking to show how reasonable they were, or maybe this was normal service, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the endless snacks and fairly decent food made the flight more enjoyable than we expected. The one problem on the outward flight was that the screen player in front of my seat did not work, so I could not watch a film or anything. As far as I could see, everyone else's was okay including my wife's, so I was just unfortunate. I had plenty to read, so was not too put out by it.
On the return flight all was well, and the food served at about midnight Washington Time was very tasty, and the endless offerings of drinks and snacks was welcome too. The only problem we, and some other passengers had was with our baggage. As we left the plane we were informed where our baggage would be. We waited at that carousel in Dublin, and of course were tired from the journey. Now we just wanted to get the train for the 150 mile journey home. After half an hour or so, us and some others reported our missing baggage, only to be informed we had been told the wrong carousel. We soon found our bags then. This problem could have been caused by airport staff rather than airline staff; but my advice would be check with the staff in the baggage area in Dublin if you are given a carousel number on the flight. Over all, the outward and homeward flights were good, and we would fly with United Airlines again if the price was still right.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,064)

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Small aircraft with descent crew. Flight was less than 2 hours. Drinks were offered throughout the flight.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We travelled United on our way to the US for our vacation-trip this year.
I have to say I was rather sceptic using an American carrier, having worked for an airline myself as cabin attendant in Europe.
I normally never write/complain or feedback anything, but this time I am very happy to make an exception!
I was very, very happily surprised by actually everything: the aircraft, the crew was very friendly, nothing was too much, the service went great, smooth and it was enough, and the quality was ok, being on an aircraft ;-)
The flight was packed, almost completely full, and on a flight over 10hrs, I can tell out of experience, that is not a piece of cake!
So, congratulations for the crew, for the Service, and for United in general, everything went great, on our complete journey!
Thank you very much, next time we travel, I will ask specifically to travel United!
Dearest Regards out of Belgium.

1  Thank Rogier M
Reviewed October 22, 2017

The plane ride was smooth and comfortable. I was on my way to Yap from Guam and Pohnpei. The flight was not really full but Vice President was also on the flight and we were honored to have a VIP on board.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Worst flight ever, was seated in last row of plane on overnight international flight. Seats did not recline and there was no legroom. Bathrooms were at back so people in isle to line up for bathroom and toilet flushing made it impossible to sleep. 5 hour flight and offered no entertainment or wi-fi, Will avoid United airlines whenever possible.

1  Thank duhknees54