“Chaotic Boarding Process”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We took this flight on a night where many United Airlines flights were delayed. When we got off our connecting flight, the board showed our flight was delayed and would be boarding in two hours. Instead , it appeared the previous flight , which was also delayed and boarding now would accommodate passengers from both flights. We asked one United Airline representative when our flight would leave. They said 2 hours later. Then another told us to get on the plane immediately, which we did and were happy to do so but again, as we have seen in past with United, process was disorganized and chaotic with no formal communications and display boards with wrong information

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (32,768)

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We got upgraded to First Class on this flight between Chicago and Toronto and enjoyed our short flight on an Airbus A 320. Its duration was just over an hour, with the pilot getting us in 20 minutes early. Initially, I was seated in the first row and my husband was in the third row. But when the man next to me heard we had been separated, he immediately offered to change seats. At the end of the flight, he also got my husband's suitcase from the overhead bin and brought it to him.

The purser proved to be extremely friendly and attentive, asking the passengers a few times if there was anything he could bring them. Because of the short flight, there was no meal service. But the purser came by twice with a basket of snacks and we could choose the items that we wanted. These included fresh fruit, chips, packets of dried fruit, crackers and cookies. Drinks were always available.

We thought our wide seats were in good condtion and extremely comfortable. In fact, the entire cabin was clean and well maintained. The lighting was good and the temperature, perfect. The flight itself could not have been smoother.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We flew from Seattle to Chicago in United Economy Plus on a Boeing 737-900 and found ourselves either too hot or too cold for the almost 4-hour flight. It seemed to get colder and colder as soon as we took off. Everyone near us soon put on a sweater or jacket, and one woman donned a knit cap. We called a flight attendant's attention to the problem and she ensured that the space became warmer -- much warmer -- for a while. We all removed our outer layers, only to put them on again when the cold returned. And so it went until we landed.

I sat in an aisle seat and found myself being slammed by some other passengers' backpacks, coats and personal items as they tried to navigate the extremely narrow Economy aisle during boarding. Thus, I had to adopt a defensive posture by putting my elbow on the arm rest with my forearm in the air as a barrier for my personal space. One careful passenger came along, saw me, laughed and gave a thumbs up sign.

The backs of seats on this plane were not conducive to storing much of anything. The mini pocket in front of me could barely hold a packet of Kleenix and a small notebook (the kind you write in). I like to have some items readily accessible to me when flying and not all secured in a bag under the seat in front of me.

The bathroom that I used got dirty fast and stayed that way. Its sink had a severe drainage problem.

On the upside, the flight was smooth, and we took off and landed on time. The flight attendants were upbeat and professional and offered three beverage services. I alternated between wanting a hot drink or a cold drink, depending on the cabin temperature.

1  Thank Rumples
Reviewed September 24, 2017

flight was good, however paying for 1st class and getting raisin bran for breakfast was a joke! They take your food choices based, on your mileage status (as we were told because I was "lucky" I got what they had. They ran out of eggs & pastry breakfast so my hubby got cereal, what a joke!!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

These seats are not made for a 6 ft man. And I had an aisle seat! I couldn't move, which is bad for me since I have circulation issues. Service was fine, but will not be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice when flying.