“Singapore to San Francisco: Poor service”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Recently I traveled from SIN to SFO by United. This was my first flight with United. However, the service, food and overall experience is very ordinary.
Pro:
1. Direct flight, so saves time
2. Cheapest direct flight for this route

Cons:
1. The attitude of the cabin crew was very rough and unpolite.
2. Food service and options were very bad. There was no option to select special meals before check in. Moreover, the amount of food and quality was not good. The first snacks was served after almost 4 hours of take off..so you can imagine..you need to have some food with you...unless.....
3. Drinks options (soft and hard) were less
4. There was no headphone for first 2 hours, then they provided a crappy headphone! This is unimaginable for a long haul international flight... even it would be unbearable and pathetic when you have experience of flying in long haul routes in emirates, etihad, JAL, Thai or Singapore airways!
5. The toilet became dirty after some time and no crew cares to clean that (I have experience of seeing clean wash room till end for long haul flight in other airlines)
6. In toilet, toiletries were very minimum, as if they were just doing mercy
7. There was no personal kit bag for passanger ..which is generally being provided in other top airlines for long flights.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (30,082)

Reviewed September 21, 2017

On a recent round trip flight from Durango, CO, to Des Moines, IA, United got me there on time on all 4 legs of the trip. This is phenomenal compared with cancellations and delays on flights I have taken on United to major markets in the past year. it appears that they may be trying to improve customer service following the debacles of recent months, but they have a long way to go. The only reason I have to rate them as high as Average is due to the abominable customer service of U.S. competitors. Even though I was flying for personal reasons, it was important for me to get to my destination on time. United doesn't get this. If you have ever filed a complaint with them, you already know the answer.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

If a had to sit in the back of the plane in the middle seat, this probably wasn't such a bad flight. While I can't blame the airline for putting me in this horrible seat ( I booked through an online travel service) I can blame them for making people pay for this wretched seat....or having it on the plane in the first place. Shame on airlines for doing this to people. However the crew was very nice and the flight landed ahead of time.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

We did not like the gate situation at Dulles. There are many Gate numbers, letters, and flights leaving from these four gates. One must take a shuttle to the plane, which is parked away from the Terminal. You get on the shuttle when your flight is called.

However, the very short 30 minute flight (9/20) was most pleasant. The plane was very clean and tidy, the seats were comfortable, the crew was pleasant, and the flight took off, and landed on time. Surprisingly, it took a very long time to get our luggage, and the carousel didn't even begin moving until at least 30 minutes after we had landed.

2  Thank NYU62
Reviewed September 21, 2017

This (9/20) was a most pleasant flight. We had been a bit worried, as United sent us an alert about possible delays due to the storm. When we got to Logan, there was a light rain, and very poor visibility. However, flight took off on time without any problems. Flight attendants were courteous and friendly, and our landing was smooth. We did arrive in Dulles early, so there was a a bit of a problem finding a gate.

The flight was full, but boarding was timely and efficient.

3  Thank NYU62