Recently I traveled from SIN to SFO by United. This was my first flight with United. However, the service, food and overall experience is very ordinary.
1. Direct flight, so saves time
2. Cheapest direct flight for this route
1. The attitude of the cabin crew was very rough and unpolite.
2. Food service and options were very bad. There was no option to select special meals before check in. Moreover, the amount of food and quality was not good. The first snacks was served after almost 4 hours of take off..so you can imagine..you need to have some food with you...unless.....
3. Drinks options (soft and hard) were less
4. There was no headphone for first 2 hours, then they provided a crappy headphone! This is unimaginable for a long haul international flight... even it would be unbearable and pathetic when you have experience of flying in long haul routes in emirates, etihad, JAL, Thai or Singapore airways!
5. The toilet became dirty after some time and no crew cares to clean that (I have experience of seeing clean wash room till end for long haul flight in other airlines)
6. In toilet, toiletries were very minimum, as if they were just doing mercy
7. There was no personal kit bag for passanger ..which is generally being provided in other top airlines for long flights.