“Yea, Sure”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Overall the flight was smooth, comfy, etc. One of the stewardess seemed like he was in a bit of a mood, maybe he was having a bad day. Overall, I'd fly with United again...

Write a ReviewReviews (34,658)

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Recently flew back from holiday trip across America, spent two nights in Chicago and had night flight to Heathrow London. Tried to upgrade my flight prior to boarding, but was quoted exorbitant amounts for economy plus. The flight attendants were very abrupt. On one occasion we had to ask for a meal that had not been offered. The attendants were not interested in interacting with passengers and not helpful at all. The seating is very restrictive, with very little leg room.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Excellent service on board. Food was very good, much better than most airline. Each seat had it's own on board entertainment which was free on this flight, flying from Newark to Miami we had to pay :( plenty of choice of what to watch. Could not fault anything, would definitely fly with United again.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

My expectations were SO low fly flying a US carrier and especially United but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a very good flight. It was the 787-900 Dreamliner from Sydney to San Fran.

UA uses the Air NZ lounge in Sydney which is nice but also very crowded. We boarded almost an hour early and boarding was complete 20 minutes before scheduled departure.

I had a good feeling when we boarded that the crew would be good. They seemed happy to be there and attentive. Purser came to introduce herself which also sets a good tone. Seat is nothing revolutionary especially in a 2-2-2 configuration in business but was comfortable. Seat doesn't go entirely 180, with a bit of an angle near the shoulders. Inflight entertainment was very good with a good selection but WIFI was broken for the flight.

Food was nothing amazing but actually quite tasty and three options including one veg. Meal starts off with a salmon starter, big salad with choice of crutons and dressing, main course, cheese and a big American sundae - fun!

Flight was restful and otherwise uneventful. Baggage took a while to came out and UA Arrivals lounge is EXCELLENT!! A real hidden gem and glad I did my research to get access to a shower since there are none on the departures level for my connecting flight. Breakfast was really nice in the lounge and special thanks to the staff who were so friendly!! Amazing!

I fly back in one week on UA back to SYD via LAX - hope it is just as good. Well done, UA!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
Reviewed September 15, 2016

This was my first trip on United and I was not so sure what to expect. Had a self help check in and a last minute request to check in my hand luggage which I thought was TSA Compliant. My seat was almost the last seat near the toilet from SAN FRANCISCO to Denver from where we connected to CVG. I sat obviously looking unhappy with my seat and one of the in flight attendant came up to me and said He is very determined to put a smile on my face. The fact that he noticed and the way he said it made me laugh almost against my will. Flight was slightly bumpy but was not bad after all.