“Excellent”
Review of United Airlines

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Excellent service on board. Food was very good, much better than most airline. Each seat had it's own on board entertainment which was free on this flight, flying from Newark to Miami we had to pay :( plenty of choice of what to watch. Could not fault anything, would definitely fly with United again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (37,205)

Reviewed September 15, 2016

My expectations were SO low fly flying a US carrier and especially United but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a very good flight. It was the 787-900 Dreamliner from Sydney to San Fran.

UA uses the Air NZ lounge in Sydney which is nice but also very crowded. We boarded almost an hour early and boarding was complete 20 minutes before scheduled departure.

I had a good feeling when we boarded that the crew would be good. They seemed happy to be there and attentive. Purser came to introduce herself which also sets a good tone. Seat is nothing revolutionary especially in a 2-2-2 configuration in business but was comfortable. Seat doesn't go entirely 180, with a bit of an angle near the shoulders. Inflight entertainment was very good with a good selection but WIFI was broken for the flight.

Food was nothing amazing but actually quite tasty and three options including one veg. Meal starts off with a salmon starter, big salad with choice of crutons and dressing, main course, cheese and a big American sundae - fun!

Flight was restful and otherwise uneventful. Baggage took a while to came out and UA Arrivals lounge is EXCELLENT!! A real hidden gem and glad I did my research to get access to a shower since there are none on the departures level for my connecting flight. Breakfast was really nice in the lounge and special thanks to the staff who were so friendly!! Amazing!

I fly back in one week on UA back to SYD via LAX - hope it is just as good. Well done, UA!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
Reviewed September 15, 2016

This was my first trip on United and I was not so sure what to expect. Had a self help check in and a last minute request to check in my hand luggage which I thought was TSA Compliant. My seat was almost the last seat near the toilet from SAN FRANCISCO to Denver from where we connected to CVG. I sat obviously looking unhappy with my seat and one of the in flight attendant came up to me and said He is very determined to put a smile on my face. The fact that he noticed and the way he said it made me laugh almost against my will. Flight was slightly bumpy but was not bad after all.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

We made the horrible decision to take a red eye on a return flight from a Vancouver cruise vacation. This flight was the second leg. The airlines always manage to overbook and seats wind up being 100% full, this was true of all four legs of our roundtrip. The seats are impossible to sit in, nevermind sleep in. Many passengers, in an attempt to get shuteye recline their seat backs, resulting in cracked knees and further confinement of passengers behind them. Next logical step for United will be to eliminate seats and have passengers stand on their cross country flights.
Oh, by the way, The idiotic concept of charging for checked luggage to encourage passengers to carry on all their luggage needs to be banned. There's no enforcement of carryon size or quantity. People on this flight specifically had not only oversized roll-ons but also a backpack, purses/briefcases and multiple shopping bags. Can we please start enforcing the rules ? And what about the idea of charging for carrying pieces and allowing two checked bags on for free ? Getting on and off flights would be so much more efficient !
God forbid you have a row 36 seat with a connecting flight

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Flying to Newark from Edinburgh. No advanced notification of flight delay. When got to airport. Six hour delay. Had a sunset cruise booked in New York that night missed that and lost first day in city. Tech issues with plane. Media had to continually be rebooted during flight frustrating when watching film. Seats gone. Very uncomfortable. Food was poor.
Got an email from united offering $100 discount on next flight for delay. Really !!!
Fortunately there are now guidelines which force these companies to be accountable for poor service
Don't use them