“Advantage - it's cheap!”
Review of Ukraine International Airlines

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Since this was a connecting flight I was hoping to save time. The connection between Vilnius and Beijing was in Kiev. Unfortunately, due to technical issues, the flight has been delayed in Kiev for over three hours. Waiting in that airport was a pain and no one wanted to provide any vouchers. I was thinking either they do not understand English, or they are honestly ignorant, or both. Even if I show a translated text they just kept saying look to the display and wait. It's obvious. But no food vouchers, nor anything else that any self-respecting airlines would provide in this kind of situation.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (3,071)

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The International aircraft was comfortable but lacked phone charging outlets and screens on seat backs. It's very disappointing that passengers feel it necessary to wrap their check-in luggage to keep bags from being pilfered by bag handlers. Video tape the bag handlers and fire those that steal.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Good experience. No problems. Return flight was delayed for 1 hour because of technical problems. Information abour delayed flight was given by very kind woman.

Date of travel: August 2018
1  Thank mindaugasgrigaliunas
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I took UIA for the first time for a day trip to Kiev (morning in on the 5am, back on the last flight). Lufthansa would have meant a two night stay.

Next time I go to Kiev, I will take UIA irrespective of schedule. The quality of the product is so far better than Lufthansa. Not. Kidding.

The cabin of the plane on the outbound flight was brand new. While this plane on the return was older, it was impeccably clean. No stains on the carpet, no funny smell on the toilet (usual standard at Lufthansa). Clean.

Service was Singapore standard. Crew welcomed us with signature UIA lemonade and other drinks. Asked us when we want our breakfast (now or before landing), should they wake us up etc. What LH offers in First, but not in business (and certainly never on a 2.5 h flight).

This is a five star service. Not the cattle service on LH Business.

I am going to write to LH to recommend that they bring up their standard to UIA. However, as long as LH doesn’t get there, I will fly Ukrainian on is route even if that means I don’t get points.

1  Thank travellingf0rw0rk
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I was used thin company many times, Boeing airplanes are confortable, service on board are not poor, crew speak a good English. Company push to use self service desk and app.
Very low profile was the attention at the fly safety on cabin, the time before fly will be spent for the safety raccomandation, but in all my fly, customers laugh, crew not ask for attention and simply do for a show. Very unprofessional. I was see Lufthansa crew shouting a customer having full attention by all.