“Irresponsible! If you have items stolen from your luggage they won't do NOTHING!”
Review of TAP Portugal

Reviewed August 17, 2017

When arrived in Lisbon I realized that my bag was opened and an item stolen! I made a complaint but TAP didn't answered. After insist with them they just said they "won't do NOTHING and the mistake was mine..." The item is a cardiac defibrillator and obviously I can't carry it in my hand luggage. Result: Lost about 1000 pounds!
TAP is rubbish!

1  Thank Diogo T
Write a ReviewReviews (11,343)

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I paid extra for reserved seats so my husband and I could sit next to each other on an international flight; however, we ended up sitting across the plane from one another (BUT we had the extra legroom requested....ha-ha). Because we were provided the seats with extra leg room, we were not granted a refund. Ironically, the following is advertised on their website under paid-for seat reservations: "Ensure you travel next to your family and friends;" however, this is not guaranteed.

I submitted a complaint June 19th with TAP and did not receive a response until August 16th (after I filed a complaint with the US Department of Transportation 8/15). The purpose of this review is to offer a PSA - If you have trouble receiving a response from TAP customer service like I did, submit an incident with the US Department of Transportation (if you reside in the U.S.). It will make you feel better that your complaint is being logged in an industry monitoring system and will be issued in an Air Travel Consumer Report and it will also prompt a timely response from TAP because regulations require a confirmation of complaint receipt in 30 days and a substantive response within 60 days.

1  Thank apkg2017
Reviewed August 16, 2017

TAP with no exception this time was again delayed on the inbound and the outbound flight. But this time a new factor was added, staff shortage ( 3 crew member instead of 4 for this particular A319 plane ). No preannouncement made via sms or email, nor by the ground staff nor the airline itself. Result was on a journey of 2.5 Hrs in business class no catering nor beverages were being given ( excuse was safety measures !!! )For a plane ticket of roughly 900€ I describe this as scandalous and Airlines shoulb be hold responsible for such a bad and lousy service. Will definetely NEVER fly TAP again in the very near future.

1  Thank Alain1210
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

My father had a stroke and was unable to travel. TAP wouldn't refund the tickets. Only get a refund if you die and can't make the trip. Really? Well, We have a large family and almost every summer we travel to Portugal to see family, we won't be using TAP anymore.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

After last year's horrendous experience with TAP I reluctantly agreed to fly them again. The travel started fairly ok, uninspired check in staff were operating at the level expected. The plane looked nice and I managed to catch some sleep. I had a layover in Lisbon where I managed to visit the lounge and had time to spare because the flight Lisbon Madrid was delayed. However, the problems started in Madrid when I realized that despite ample time in Lisbon due to flight delay, my bag did not make it. I reported it to an uninspired agent at the airport who promised to do his best to get my bag within legally allocated window of 24h where the airline did not have to pay fine. He gave me a paper with 2 numbers (one in Spain and one in Portugal) to inquire about mu luggage saying that because of several flights a day between the 2 cities there might be a chance of me getting my bags the same day (i landed at 4 pm). I tried calling both numbers that afternoon and the next morning, so did the concierge from my hotel. One of them could not be reached, and on the other one, noone would pick up. My bag finally came around 3 pm next day, after spending quite a few euros on new shirt and underwear. Not likely to fly them again very soon

2  Thank MattModine