“Still reliable”
Review of Swiss International Air Lines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

in this day and age it is nice to know that some airlines are still the same when it comes to service and quality.
Two rather short flights on a very early Monday morning. Despite this friendly smiles and exactly the service you expect.
Smooth boarding process and everything on time.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (12,685)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew with Swiss on 4th September to Zurich. Brilliant Service and v professional. Cannot find anything not good to say. Business Class super. Very relaxing and on time.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This time I let my wife, Yvonne Berariu Ioinovici to tell a terrible incident with Swiss :
“After a flight from Taipei to Hong Kong with Eva Airways, I had the connection to Zürich with Swiss ( flight LX139, July 31).
1) I went to the boarding gate with my two cabin handbags from the previous flight. When the business class passengers have been called to board the plane, The Swiss Duty Manager, Lawrence Low , wrested one of my handbags from my hand, saying that he was making no difference between economic and business class passengers ( despite the Swiss rule of allowing two cabin handbags for the business passengers). His gesture was so unexpected, that I’ve almost fallen. These were my usual handbags with which I travelled hundreds of times with Swiss or Lufthansa. Never it was a problem : their dimensions are within the Swiss rules, their weight was within the Swiss rules ( otherwise, I could not carry them in my hands at my age). I showed him that the handbags could not be closed, but he did not care . He was speaking extremely rude.
2) when arriving home, I found that a few cosmetics that I bought at the free shop were not in the handbag which was checked by the Swiss agent when boarding the flight in Hong Kong ( probably they dropped from the bag which could not be closed), I phoned immediately Swiss which told me to fill a claim on-line by Internet. As I had more flights with Swiss in the following days, I filled the claim after a few more days. In their response, Swiss Customer Service wrote that it could not assume any liability,because the written claim reached them more than seven days after the flight. They excused for the rudeness of the agent in Hong Kong , but, as they did not ask me his name, I understand that Swiss did not care to check the terrible incident and to take any measure.
3) the tragedy was not the loss of some cosmetics of one-two hundreds US dollars. The tragedy is that in the handbag I had all my medical file containing results from MRI, ultrasounds, etc, etc made in the last years at different hospitals in Paris, Hong Kong, Taipei, Tel Aviv . At arrival, some documents were wet ( probably due to the rain in Hong Kong when the bag was introduced in the plane cargo) and are no longer readable. As I don’t remember which analysis was done in which country and in which year, even with all the millions in the world, I can not reconstitute all the medical file “
Up to now it was the story of my wife. For me, it is unbelievable that such an incident could happen with Swiss. I am a Gold member of Miles@More, I fly every year tens of flights with Swiss, I considered them one of the best European airlines . How was possible such an unruly and rude behavior from the part of a Duty manager of Swiss ??? Just to mention that since then, I took by myself 12 flights with Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian with exactly the same handbags ( including some flights with economic class ) . Never was a problem with these cabin handbags.
In the view of such a terrible incident, I think that not only that Swiss has to eliminate from its staff the guilty agent,but has to discuss the case with all its staff worldwide, to make sure that such incidents will never occur again with any passenger.

Date of travel: July 2019
2  Thank AdrianI692
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fabulous service...good food actually, and great snacks.
Always a smile on the attendants face and looked well put together and classy.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros:
- Fantastic choice of seats when checking in. I managed to get exit row seats on both legs of the Zurich to Singapore flight. On the way there I had a seat next to me free and it was no difference in space as being in business class.
- Price was great value. £100 cheaper than competitors.
- All flights arrived on time.
- Transiting, even changing terminals, was so quick. On the way back it only took 15 minutes from being on the plane to arriving at the next gate.

Cons:
- Only thing that took this review down from 5 stars to 4 stars was the fact that my luggage got stuck in Zurich on the way back. Arrived back 8am Wednesday and didn't get my luggage until lunchtime on Saturday.

That said I would definitely choose to fly Swiss again.