“My trip”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the flight to the city i was going to was quick and comfortable..the staff were hilarious and made the flight more relaxing being that i am TERRIFIED of flying. i love this airline.

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (18,897)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family recently traveled from Houston to Orlando for New Year’s trip. I was anxious about the flight as it was my first time to use Spirit Airlines. I had heard many stories about hidden fees and wanted to be sure I did not receive any. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The Spirit Website is very clear about the fees and how to avoid them. We followed all the advice to avoid fees and had no surprises. The flight itself was very enjoyable. The flight crew was professional but very engaging as well. Will fly Spirit again with no anxiety!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found Spirit to be a good alternative to the other airlines I usually fly. There are no frills but the exit row seats are comfortable albeit a bit narrow for my girth.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Gaylord C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I went to Disney,all the flights arrived on time and the experience was hassle free. (we only had backpacks thou). I struggled to strongly recommend it for the type of trip that we did. The plane was great (keep in mind they have no extras like movies, entertainment or food).

Tips:

Bring your snacks/water
Travel as lightly as possible

2  Thank juanalejandrom108
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Your staff made us miss our flight on 1/19 because the system on your end said we were not checked in, after 15-20 minutes of a very confusing ordeal, they grabbed our bag, put a late baggage tag on it, handed us our tickets and said “hurry”. At this point, we had 15 minutes to manage our way through security and RUN to our gate. We got to our gate with 10 minutes to spare only to find out that they had closed the doors (1minute prior) to go down to the plane to see if we were on it. We asked them to radio the gate attendants and the response we got was “when the doors are closed there is nothing we can do about it”. The front desk had called them to tell them we were in route! We had checked in the day prior and even double checked on the way to the airport. This made us miss work the next day, displaced our three dogs, and even better left us without a place to stay that night. When we went to baggage claim to speak with an attendant, the door was locked and our luggage was just sitting outside the doors for anyone to take. This is unacceptable. We were very nice to the people at the gate and desk checking us in, and I realize accidents/software malfunctions happen, but this is simply unacceptable. We lost a day of pay and had to pay 175 dollars to have our dogs taken care of. We also had to pay$150 for a hotel. The attendants didn’t seem to know what to do and scrambled at the last minute trying to make up for lost time. If I can help it, this will be our last flight on spirit airlines.

1  Thank GeorgeHicklin