Tripadvisor
Search

“FLIGHT MISSED!”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Your staff made us miss our flight on 1/19 because the system on your end said we were not checked in, after 15-20 minutes of a very confusing ordeal, they grabbed our bag, put a late baggage tag on it, handed us our tickets and said “hurry”. At this point, we had 15 minutes to manage our way through security and RUN to our gate. We got to our gate with 10 minutes to spare only to find out that they had closed the doors (1minute prior) to go down to the plane to see if we were on it. We asked them to radio the gate attendants and the response we got was “when the doors are closed there is nothing we can do about it”. The front desk had called them to tell them we were in route! We had checked in the day prior and even double checked on the way to the airport. This made us miss work the next day, displaced our three dogs, and even better left us without a place to stay that night. When we went to baggage claim to speak with an attendant, the door was locked and our luggage was just sitting outside the doors for anyone to take. This is unacceptable. We were very nice to the people at the gate and desk checking us in, and I realize accidents/software malfunctions happen, but this is simply unacceptable. We lost a day of pay and had to pay 175 dollars to have our dogs taken care of. We also had to pay$150 for a hotel. The attendants didn’t seem to know what to do and scrambled at the last minute trying to make up for lost time. If I can help it, this will be our last flight on spirit airlines.

1  Thank GeorgeHicklin
Write a reviewReviews (18,835)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time travelling with Spirit Airlines. Having to make sure your allowed carry-on was within the limit, so you wouldn't get charged. Also buying an assigned seat was also new to us.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank sosusjoe
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff is trained like a wild dog to attack customers and find a way to charge them additional since the offer a cheap ticket in first place. I would pay more for any other airline instead of ruining my day and get ripped off

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our Spirit flight was on time, clean, the entire crew was professional and even had provided a few jokes. I have flown spirit many times and have never had a problem.

3  Thank Travelparent71
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time flying with Spirit Airlines, I'm usually nervous and afraid of flying but I slept like a baby on this flight. I was relaxed and comfortable. The customer service was accommodating from start to finish.

• Seat comfort