“Great Flight & Saved Money”
Review of Spirit Airlines

Reviewed July 29, 2019

We fly Spirit Airlines when possible because of the money our family saves. We've not had issues with any flights we've taken, and have flown Minneapolis to Miami, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, and now Las Vegas.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (17,156)

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Without a fee, I was upgraded to an exit row seat to help gate crew accommodate an unaccompanied minor. This has NEVER happened to me before on Spirit! The new seat was roomy like a 'normal' airline seat and the flight crew was efficient & friendly.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

I selected this airline because of the cheap ticket but SURPRISE! I had to pay 40 dlls for my carry on luggage as they only allow you to bring aboard one personal item such a small laptop bag or purse. AA allow you to bring your carry on luggage aboard for free, not that case with Spirit. You have to check in your carry on luggage and pay 30 to 50 dlls.

1  Thank FranciscaFischer
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Being traveling Spirit from its opening day in Niag Falls N.Y.. as I live in Niagara Falls, Canada it is a short drive to airport, just over the bridge and down the road, compared to travelling to Toronto..
Favourite place Myrtle Beach SC.. since 90’s. I have taken my children since teenagers, which became a family destination for all., Spirit Flights are affordable; short trip up & down in no time.. flight attendants are always cordial.. the only thing the buyer beware..known to cancel hrs before. just recently my Dau booked flight on a Sat in April 2019.. to depart around 3/4 pm out Niag Falls, which got cancelled around 1 pm that afternoon due to weather !’ As I was in Myrtle she was flying in to join me & friends for weekend. Fortunately, I have experienced the same before, so I was lucky enough to get my dau a flight out that same day at Buffalo airport, at a premium $ American Airlines at around 6:00 pm.. they were still flying; same weather !’ Spirit did re imburse her flight, but that’s not the point. As I said I have experienced the same a couple times; other people to; they dont offer u place on next flight that day as there isn’t one.. or next day, like my daughter, no flights Sunday. So buyer beware it can happen to you.
They also don’t fly I believe Nov Dec Jan to mid Feb.. but here I am still booking Spirit years later.

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

No bags were lost and flights were in time! You can easily do everything with your phone prior to getting to airport so there is no hang ups and extra tipping needed. Airline is clean and people don’t bring as much crap as they charge for e yes carryons beyond a purse! I liked this as there are less people that carry on tons of stuff they just spend $$ to check a large bag. You can bring on your own yummy snack which is nice or you can pay like $3 for theirs which had a variety and were not bad. Seats don’t recline but I didn’t even miss that 2 inches of extra space, it was nice not having someone head in my lap. Seats are leather easy to wipe down and clean versed cloth. I plan to definitely fly this airline again I loved it . The flight attendants were also happy and helpful. I was with a 12 and 14 year old and we all enjoyed and had a great round trip flight on Spirit. The people on the place were also nice and not demanding. It’s as if a bunch of like minded money saving people are flying somewhere together.. whoop !! I was hesitant of this airline at first but they have one me over! I highly recommend and will definitely choose this airline again.